Let’s start from the beginning….
This is the day that I won my very first contest at Smitty’s, our local grocery store, and it was the moment I decided two things – winning contests was fun and I wanted to bake cookies every single day for the rest of my life.
So I started baking! As the only girl in a household with five brothers, I had to find my niche. At an early age I learned that spending time in the kitchen helped me survive growing up with so many boys.
I would thumb through my mother’s collection of vintage cookbooks, get out her big yellow bowl, and attempt to make every baked good in the book. My Mom knew there was nothing I would rather do so I would finish my chores in lightning speed just so I could whip up some cookies.
I was the teenager that had cookbooks on my Christmas list. I would spend hours after school, making over-sized decorated cookies for my friend’s birthdays or cutting out sugar cookies to say thank you.
Today I am still whipping up creations, but have more mouths to feed. I’ve been married to my husband, Dean, for 19+ years and we have four children. They are my world, my biggest blessings, and my ultimate taste testers.
One of my favorite wedding gifts was the Best of the Pillsbury Bake-Off cookbook and I dreamed that one day I would be in it. I put it on my bucket list and tucked it away. If you ever wonder if dreams really do come true….well they do, as mine came to pass in 2010 when I was a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off to compete for one million dollars! It was surreal to say the least and it ignited a passion for creating new innovative recipes and sharing them with others.
Over the years, I’ve been able to dabble in competing in recipe contests. I have won some, I have lost some, but I have learned more than I could imagine. Here are some of my highlights:
- Two-time Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist – 2010 (Orlando) and 2013 (Las Vegas)
- Seen on Cooking Channel’s Perfect 3 Show for my “I Want to Marry You Cookies” – http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/i-want-to-marry-you-cookies.html
- Named the most popular recipe of 2012 on Cooking Channel http://blog.cookingchanneltv.com/2012/12/26/cooking-channel-top-recipes/
- Cover of Food Network Magazine — September 2016. Winner of Food Network Bake Sale Contest —http://www.modernhoney.com/bake-sale-trifecta-bars/
- The White House Kids State Dinner Finalist – 2015
- Truvia Baking Star Competition Finalist – (New York)
- Barnes and Noble Cookie Cookbook Bake-Off Finalist
- Zac Brown Band + Bai Castaway Drink Grand Prize Winner – (Hollywood)
If you are interested in my full list of contest wins, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For me, making food is a wholehearted expression of love. It is my passion. I am ready to start sharing the thousands of recipes I have created, tweaked, and perfected in hopes that your family will love them as much as we do.
Along with being a cooking enthusiast…I am a lover of home design and DIY projects, watching sports (Go Cougs!), traveling, bargain shopping, photography, crafting, reading, outdoor activities, and being a mama to my four kids. I attend Brigham Young University and Arizona State University and graduated Cum Laude from ASU with a BA degree in Communications. I continue to love to learn!