Happy Taco Tuesday!
Since most kids are back in school, it is time to think about weeknight dinners that require very little effort. Am I right? We are talking super easy here on Modern Honey! I don’t know about you but by 3:00, it is go time. The homework, chores, snack, and carpool begins and with 4 kids, I don’t have the time to make elaborate dinners on weeknights. My time saving, go-to appliance in the kitchen is without a doubt the slow cooker (aka the crockpot). It makes tender meat every time with such minimal effort. Win-win! Since everyone is loving the Instant Pot, this Korean beef can be made in it as well.
These Korean Beef Tacos start off with a beef roast slowly cooked until nice and tender. The beef is cooked with onion, garlic, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, garlic chili sauce, and salt and pepper. It’s crazy easy for crazy good flavor. This isn’t your typical Mexican taco. It’s an Asian taco infused with asian influences so it is unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. I discovered these on food trucks in both Los Angele and Austin and I was hooked.
Once the Slow Cooker Korean Beef is tender and shredded, it is placed between flour or corn tortillas and topped with cilantro, thinly sliced carrots, jalapenos, cabbage, avocado and a sriracha cream.
The sriracha cream is made with two simple ingredients — sour cream and sriracha sauce. If you haven’t tried sriracha, get on the bandwagon! If you aren’t sure what sriracha sauce looks like, here it is! I also use a lot of chili garlic sauce in my asian cooking because it is adds so much flavor. You can find it HERE.
These Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos are the perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and creamy. These Korean tacos were devoured in no time at our house and my kids were asking for more.
The key is to cook the Korean Beef low and slow. It can be cooked for 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low or until tender. If you are using an Instant Pot, the Korean Beef will be done in a snap. If you want to try out an instant pot, you can find it HERE.
- 3 lb. (approximately) Beef Roast
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, diced
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce (or Tamari for gf)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, finely diced (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 Jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Carrots (Matchstix)
- Purple Cabbagen (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Sriracha Cream:
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- Heat skillet over high heat. Add oil. Place roast in pan and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Place beef in slow cooker or instant pot.
- Top with onion, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, jalapeno, chili garlic sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Once the beef is tender, shred with two forks.
- To make sriracha cream: place sour cream in small bowl. Stir in sriracha sauce and add more until desired spiciness.
- Place on top of corn or flour tortillas. Top with carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapeno, and sriracha cream.