Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft chewy spiced pumpkin oatmeal cookies with sweet white chocolate chips. The perfect chewy pumpkin white chocolate cookie.
Growing up, the only pumpkin cookies I ever tasted were thick and cakey. I wondered if there could be a better way? Was it possible to create a soft and chewy pumpkin cookie rather than a cakey one? I am here to tell you...YES! This is a perfectly CHEWY pumpkin cookie.
I was ecstatic when I first tasted a batch of my chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I literally made them three times within one week because we were devouring them so quickly!
Since pumpkin pairs so well with white chocolate, I knew that I needed to make a pumpkin white chocolate cookie recipe. This is such a simple recipe because the dough is made in one saucepan! You don't even need to bring out the hand mixer, the KitchenAid, or the Bosch mixer. This is as easy as it gets.
What makes these Pumpkin White Chocolate Cookies so special? It all starts with melting the butter in a saucepan which invokes a richer toffee flavor. A touch of oatmeal also helps to create a chewy pumpkin cookie. A reason why pumpkin cookies turn out cakey is excess flour this recipe doesn't call for as much flour as cakey pumpkin cookies.
How to make Chewy Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Melt butter slowly in a saucepan. This isn't a fully browned butter cookie so you are looking for the butter to melt and start to bubble. Remove from heat and add brown sugar and sugar. Stir for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture is glossy smooth. This is an important step to remove all graininess from the sugars and make sure it is smooth as silk.
- Let mixture cool for at least 5-10 minutes before adding egg yolk and vanilla. The extra vanilla helps to mellow out the pumpkin flavor.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for the white chocolate chips. It may still be a tad too warm to add the white chocolate. Place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in white chocolate chips. My favorite brands are Guittard and Ghirardelli.
- Bake until edges start to get barely golden brown. Let the cookies set up on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing cookies.
If you love pumpkin recipes, check out some of my most popular pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel Topping
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @modern_honey so I can see your creations. Also, be sure to tag your photo using the hashtag #modernhoney. It’s one of my favorite things seeing you make these recipes in your own kitchen. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers.
Pin on PINTEREST:
Happy Baking, my friends!