This post is sponsored by Kroger and NILLA Wafers. All of the opinions stated above are my own.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
An easy sweet cream cheese pie with a buttery NILLA wafer cookie crust and topped with glazed strawberries.
It's April which means that it is officially Spring! This means warmer weather, flowers are popping up everywhere, and leaves are returning to their trees. I love this time of year!
Easter has always been a big deal in our home. My Mom always made it extra special and we would go up to my Grandma's house on Camelback Mountain for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Since we have such a large family, everyone would bring some special Easter dish for a potluck. We ended up with more food than we knew what to do with! But one dessert that was always on the table was a Strawberry Cream Pie. It was so popular and devoured by me and my cousins within minutes!
This Strawberry Cream Pie is so simple and is always a huge hit! It is made with a NILLA Wafer cookie crust which is out of this world. The crust is made with crushed NILLA Wafer cookies, melted butter, and a little sugar. I love to use these crispy vanilla-flavored wafers because they have a touch of sweetness and make such a flavorful crust. It is pressed into a pie pan and then baked for 10 minutes. The rest of the pie is no-bake so it is incredibly easy!
The filling in the Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is made with cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, and a touch of almond or vanilla extract. After the filling is chilled, it is topped with sliced strawberries tossed in strawberry jam. This glaze is made by warming up some strawberry jam and then tossing it with the strawberries. This not only sweetens the strawberries but makes them glossy.
This Strawberry Cream Pie with a NILLA Wafer Cookie Crust is a must on our Easter dessert table! It is not only beautiful but it tastes perfectly sweet and creamy.
How to make Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie:
- Start by making the NILLA Wafer Cookie Crust. It is so easy to whip up in a food processor, if you have one. If not, you can place the NILLA Wafer Cookies in a large Ziploc bag and crush them using a rolling pin. I place the cookies, melted butter, and sugar in a food processor and pulse until completely ground up.
- Press the crust into a pie dish and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. This helps to keep the pie crust together. Let cool to room temperature before adding the filling.
- To make the filling, make sure to use slightly softened cream cheese. This allows for it to mix well with the sugar and heavy cream. Place the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and whip using a stand or hand mixer for 1-2 minutes. Scrape the bowl and then add the heavy cream. Whip for at least 4 minutes or until the peaks begin to form. The mixture needs to be thick enough to form a pie filling.
- Let it CHILL. This is an important step as the chilling helps to firm up the filling. Once it has chilled for 1 hour, pour it into the cooled pie crust. Return to the refrigerator. If you want it to be extra firm when cutting the pie, place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Warm up the strawberry jam in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Toss the sliced strawberries into the warmed strawberry jam. Place on the top of the filling. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You can find the NILLA Wafer Cookies to make this crust at your local Kroger store (Fry's in Arizona). Click here to add them to your shopping list or cart so you can start making this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie at home!
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM --- FACEBOOK --- PINTEREST
An easy sweet cream cheese pie in a buttery graham cracker crust and topped with glazed strawberries.
- 60 NILLA Wafer Cookies (crushed)
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- (1) 8-ounce pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Vanilla or Almond Extract
- (1) 16-ounce pkg. Fresh Strawberries (sliced, for a more rounded pie, use two packages)
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Jam (heated)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind the NILLA wafers into fine crumbs in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, place in large Ziploc bag and crush with rolling pin until there are fine crumbs.
In a large bowl, mix fine crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until well mixed. Press into a 9-inch pie pan, covering the bottom and sides. Press the crumbs in very tightly (may use the bottom of a measuring cup). Bake the crust for 8-11 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese, sugar, and heavy cream for 4-5 minutes, or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla or almond extract. Let filling chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Pour chilled filling into pie crust. Let chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If you want the pie to be firmer, place in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. When ready to serve, heat strawberry jam in the microwave until warmed, about 20 seconds. Toss sliced strawberries with jam. Place on top of the pie. Cut into slices.