An easy strawberry cream cheese pie with a buttery cookie crust, a sweet cream cheese filling, and topped with glazed strawberries. The perfect summer strawberry pie!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
It's April which means that it is officially Spring! This means warmer weather, flowers are popping up everywhere, and leaves are returning to their trees. I love this time of year! This no-bake strawberry cheesecake pie is the perfect Spring and Summer dessert.
Easter has always been a big deal in our home. My Mom always made it extra special and we would go up to my Grandma's house on Camelback Mountain for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Since we have such a large family, everyone would bring some special Easter dish for a potluck. We ended up with more food than we knew what to do with! But one dessert that was always on the table was a Strawberry Cream Pie. It was so popular and devoured by me and my cousins within minutes!
This Strawberry Cream Pie is so simple and is always a huge hit! It is made with a NILLA Wafer cookie or graham cracker crust which is out of this world. The crust is made with crushed NILLA Wafer cookies or crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and a little sugar.
I love to use crispy vanilla-flavored wafers or graham crackers because they have a touch of sweetness and make such a flavorful crust. It is pressed into a pie pan and then baked for 10 minutes. The rest of the pie is no-bake so it is incredibly easy!
What ingredients are in a Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie?
- Graham Crackers or Nilla Wafers
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla or Almond Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Jam
The filling in the Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is made with cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, and a touch of almond or vanilla extract. After the filling is chilled, it is topped with sliced strawberries tossed in strawberry jam. This glaze is made by warming up some strawberry jam and then tossing it with the strawberries. This not only sweetens the strawberries but makes them glossy.
This Strawberry Cream Pie with a graham cracker crust is a must on our Easter dessert table! It is not only beautiful but it tastes perfectly sweet and creamy.
How to make Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie:
- Start by making the Crust. It is so easy to whip up in a food processor if you have one. If not, you can place the NILLA Wafer Cookies or graham crackers in a large Ziploc bag and crush them using a rolling pin. I place the cookies, melted butter, and sugar in a food processor and pulse until completely ground up.
- Press the crust into a pie dish and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. This helps to keep the pie crust together. Let cool to room temperature before adding the filling.
- To make the filling, make sure to use slightly softened cream cheese. This allows for it to mix well with the sugar and heavy cream. Place the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and whip using a stand or hand mixer for 1-2 minutes. Scrape the bowl and then add the heavy cream. Whip for at least 4 minutes or until the peaks begin to form. The mixture needs to be thick enough to form a pie filling.
- Let it CHILL. This is an important step as the chilling helps to firm up the filling. Once it has chilled for 1 hour, pour it into the cooled pie crust. Return to the refrigerator. If you want it to be extra firm when cutting the pie, place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Warm up the strawberry jam in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Toss the sliced strawberries into the warmed strawberry jam. Place on the top of the filling. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM --- FACEBOOK --- PINTEREST
This post is sponsored by Kroger and NILLA Wafers. All of the opinions stated above are my own.
You can find the NILLA Wafer Cookies to make this crust at your local Kroger store (Fry's in Arizona). Click here to add them to your shopping list or cart so you can start making this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie at home!
My favorite summer recipe!! Made this for a BBQ and everyone raved about it!
So delicious and a great way to use up old strawberries!
This was delicious but I made it with a graham cracker crust. It was a little soft and didn’t slice right but no one cared. Big hit with all. Thanks Melissa.
This pie was delicious! However, I made it with a graham cracker crust.Big hit and this one is making my personal recipe collection.Thank you Melissa!
Ohhh My Goodness! This was so good! My family and I loved this pie! Loved the Nilla wafer crust! I followed this recipe exactly. I did choose the freezer option to firm up the filing. The only issue that I had that once I put the topping on it melted my filling a little which made it hard to cut. I had to spoon it out. I did put it straight in the fridge after putting topping on for about 30 minutes so not sure why it did that. I cannot wait to make this again! This is something everyone will rave about! I am craving it now! Go make this one!