About Modern Honey by Melissa Stadler
After spending five years competing in cooking contests across the nation and teaching culinary classes, I started Modern Honey in December 2015 as an outlet for my creativity in the kitchen. I love sharing tried and true recipes from decadent desserts, quick and easy dinners, and healthy recipes.
As Seen In
About Melissa Stadler
I was born to cook. As a toddler, you could find me on the tallest step stool, begging my Mom to let me help her in the kitchen. I watched my Mom and Grandma spend their days baking for their families and it was then I discovered that making food is a wholehearted expression of love.
As the only girl in a household with five brothers, I had to find my niche. At an early age, I learned that spending time in the kitchen helped me survive growing up with so many boys. I spent my teenage years studying cookbooks and tweaking recipes in my Mom’s kitchen. After I got married, I spent my days creating new and innovative recipes for my friends and family and discovered how much I loved it.
Or narrow by:
In 2010, I started competing in and winning recipe contests. I spent the next five years traveling the country competing in some of the most prestigious cooking and baking contests (some are listed below).
I taught culinary classes for years and was a recurring chef on a TV show called the Valley Dish. I finally started Modern Honey as a way to share my tried and true, tested recipes with my friends and family.
I live in sunny Arizona with my husband of 27 years, our four children (plus one son-in-law), and our Goldendoodle, Bentley. My family is my whole world and my most avid taste testers.
Along with being a cooking enthusiast and cookie connoisseur…I am a lover of home design and DIY projects, traveling, photography, crafting, reading, outdoor activities, exercising, being on the lake, hiking, farmer’s markets, bargain shopping, watching sports (Go Cougs!), and being a mama to my kids.
I attended Brigham Young University and Arizona State University. I graduated with Cum Laude Honors from ASU with a BA degree in Communications. I continue to love to learn!
Recipe Contest Experiences
- Two-time Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist and competed for $1 Million Dollars
- Seen on Cooking Channel’s Perfect 3 Show in Food Network Studios for my “I Want to Marry You Cookies”
- Named the most popular recipe of 2012 on Cooking Channel
- Cover of Food Network Magazine — Winner of Food Network Bake Sale Contest.
- The White House Kids State Dinner Finalist
- Truvia Baking Star Competition Finalist – New York City
- BEST FOOD BLOG from Phoenix Magazine — 2018
- Recurring Guest Chef on “Valley Dish” TV Show (show how to make a meal in 30 minutes, start to finish)
- Barnes and Noble Cookie Cookbook Bake-Off Finalist
- Featured in Phoenix Magazine — What’s in Your Kitchen with Melissa Stadler
- Zac Brown Band + Bai Castaway Drink Grand Prize Winner
I lived out one of my dreams by filming in the Food Network Studios in New York City. It was so much fun being in the test kitchen and having them create my “I Want to Marry You Cookies” Recipe.
I love being a Mom to my four children!
Modern Honey Team:
I have the best team and love working with them! My oldest daughter, Sierra, works at Modern Honey and she is an amazing help! She graduated from BYU 1 1/2 years ago with a degree in Health and Wellness.
My 81-year old Mom is an amazing cook and I have learned so much from her! We recipe test together so she is my ultimate taste tester (alongside my husband). So grateful for her too.
Stay In Touch
- Email me at email@example.com
- Find me on Modern Honey — www.modernhoney.com
- Like Modern Honey on Facebook.
- Follow @modern_honey on Instagram.
- Follow me @modern_honey on Twitter.
- Follow me @ModernHoney on Pinterest.
I love working with brands! If you would like a media kit or to discuss future collaborations, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.