Crepes are a big deal in our home…..especially when they are chocolate. Oh and lathered in a heavy dose of chocolate hazelnut goodness – Nutella. Then topped with freshly whipped cream and sliced strawberries. A little shaved chocolate finishes it off because it is completely normal to eat chocolate for breakfast.
The Strawberry Nutella Chocolate Crepe Cake was born.
These chocolate crepes were devoured in about 4.5 minutes in our home. I wish I took a picture of the aftermath. My kids didn’t even slice it into beautiful wedges but literally just took a fork and went to town on it.
To make this Strawberry Nutella Chocolate Crepe Cake, you start with tender chocolate crepes made with eggs, milk, cocoa powder, flour, sugar, and salt. The crepe batter can even be made in a blender for ease of preparation. It is cooked with a bit of butter in a skillet or crepe pan.
The cream is made with soft cream cheese whipped together with heavy cream, which cuts the sweetness of the Nutella. Sliced strawberries are added because there is nothing better with Nutella than strawberries!
- Chocolate Crepes:
- 6 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Butter for cooking in the skillet
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 - 8 ounce pkg. Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Whipping Cream divided
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 lb. Strawberries sliced
- Chocolate Bar grated (for garnish)
- Chocolate Crepes:
- Combine the eggs, milk, flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a blender or bowl. Blend or whisk by hand until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Preheat a 10 inch nonstick crepe pan or skillet over medium-low heat. Melt pat of butter in the pan. Add 1/4 cup of batter and quickly tilt the pan to form an even coating of batter on the bottom of the pan. Cook until set, about 1 minute. Using a heat-resistant spatula, carefully loosen the sides and gently flip the crepe over. Cook for 1 minute. Repeat with the remaining batter and butter.
- To make whipping cream:
- In large bowl, whip cream cheese and 1/4 cup of heavy cream until light and fluffy. Set aside. Whip remaining 3/4 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add cream cheese and powdered sugar and whip until soft peaks form again.
- To assemble cake:
- Place 1 crepe on platter. Spread with nutella, filling, and strawberries. Repeat with remaining filling and crepes, ending with crepe on top. Spread with Nutella and a dollop of whipped cream. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
You are going to fall in love with this Strawberry Nutella Chocolate Crepe Cake! Share the LOVE on Pinterest.
Happy Baking, my friends! xo