Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
A flavorful Thai soup made with spices and coconut milk, vegetables, gluten-free rice noodles, and tender chicken.
Years ago I was dealing with some health issues and went on a gluten-free and dairy-free diet to help find some healing. I had to say goodbye to cheese, butter, bread, and ice cream and that was a BIG DEAL to me! Hello, I like to eat a cookie a day! But, I was determined to still eat flavorful food so I didn't feel as if I was missing out.
This Thai Chicken Noodle Soup was my ticket -- a soup that was not only full of nutritional benefits but tasted fabulous as well. I seriously drink this broth like it is going out of style. A big bowl of this Thai Chicken Noodle Soup is the epitome of comfort food.
This Gluten-Free Thai Chicken Soup is made by sauteing onion, carrots, fresh ginger, and chicken in coconut oil. The broth is made with coconut milk, chicken broth, chili garlic sauce, red curry paste, soy sauce, and a touch of brown sugar. Red peppers, cauliflower, and rice noodles are added and cooked just until soft. It is topped with fresh cilantro and thai chilies.
The beauty of this dish is that you use rice noodles, which are naturally gluten-free. You just throw the noodles into the broth which makes it so easy! Canned coconut milk adds a rich creaminess to the soup and is naturally dairy-free. I used the full-fat coconut milk but you can use lite coconut milk as well.
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil or EVOO
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts cubed into bite size pieces (or 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded)**
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 Carrots cut on diagonal
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger grated
- 4 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 2 teaspoons Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans Chicken Broth
- 2 - 13.66 ounce cans Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Cauliflower chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 6 ounces Rice Noodles or Sticks
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Red Thai Chili optional
- Limes optional
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots, and chicken breast. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions and carrots begin to soften.
- Stir in fresh ginger, curry paste, chili garlic sauce, salt, and pepper and coat chicken.
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, red pepper, and rice noodles. Stir until rice noodles are covered by sauce. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with fresh cilantro and thai chilies, if desired. Can serve with lime wedges and Sriracha.
- **If you are using rotisserie chicken, add the shredded chicken at the same time as the cauliflower and red pepper to heat.
PIN on PINTEREST: