Chicken Sweet Potato Curry
A healthy gluten-free and dairy-free chicken curry meal and is packed with flavor
Have I got a good one for you today or what? Here is a healthy curry that is both gluten and dairy free. This Chicken Sweet Potato Curry is a big bowl of savory comfort food that is full of Indian spices. I make a big batch of this homemade curry and keep it in the refrigerator for a quick lunch. It reheats beautifully!
There are so many people who are dealing with health issues and have adopted both gluten and dairy free lifestyles. I try to eat this way 80% of the time so incorporating healthy dinners is super important to our family routine.
This Chicken Potato Curry is even Paleo diet friendly – which focuses on whole foods that have been around for centuries. I promised you in the very beginning that I wouldn’t give you any bland recipes so I am keeping my promise with this one. You are bound to love it!
This Red Chicken Curry is full of many good-for-you ingredients and keeps your belly full and happy. Kids love this too because even though it is full in flavor, it has a perfect amount of mild spice. This recipe used a red curry paste, which can be found in the Asian section of the grocery store. You can also use green or yellow curry paste.
If you want to switch out the sweet potatoes, throw in some yukon gold potatoes and make a chicken potato curry. It would taste amazing as well!
What are the nutritional benefits of the ingredients in Chicken Sweet Potato Curry:
- Coconut Oil – healthy fat source
- Onion – balances blood sugar levels + immunity fighter
- Turmeric – has incredible anti-inflammatory benefits
- Sweet Potatoes – Vitamin A powerhouse and is better for you than its cousin, the white potato
- Chicken Breasts – a healthy lean protein
- Garlic – boosts the immune system
- Ginger – helps the digestive system
- Red Chilies – inflammation fighter
- Coconut Milk – a dairy-free alternative that is rich in vitamins and minerals
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (can substitute canola oil)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1½ lbs. Chicken Breast, diced
- 1-2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce (if you like spice, add 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 1 - 13.5-ounce can Coconut Milk
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 minute. Add chicken, turmeric, salt, and pepper and cook until chicken is no longer pink about 8 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and saute for several minutes. Add water, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes, until softened. Check sweet potatoes for tenderness.
- Add chili garlic sauce, ginger, red curry paste, and stir. Pour in coconut milk. Check for seasonings and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro, peanuts, and fresh lime, if so desired.
- Serve it alone or on top of basmati rice.
Pin on Pinterest:
I can’t wait to hear how your family loves this healthy dish so reach out and let me know. I always love to hear from you!