This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let’s celebrate by eating Mexican food all week long….because here in Arizona we take this day pretty seriously! All the Mexican restaurants in the city are packed with people indulging in street tacos and handcrafted chips and salsa.
Chorizo Huevos Rancheros Tostadas are the best way to start off your Mexican celebrations. It begins with a crispy tostada shell topped with refried beans, spicy chorizo, fried egg, creamy avocado slices, fresh salsa, and mexican creama. Are you salivating already?
In my humble opinion, eggs + Mexican food may be the most underrated combination. Eggs are the perfect accompaniment to spicy food because they are creamy and the flavorful yolk balances out the heat.
In order to slice the perfect avocado, there are a few steps. First, cut the avocado lengthwise. Then using the flat part of the knife, pierce the pit and remove it. With the tip of the knife, cut slices lengthwise through the avocado. Then use a spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh by running it along where the flesh and skin meet. You will have gorgeous avocado slices every single time without the mess!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Chorizo Huevos Rancheros Tostadas
- 6 Tostada Shells
- 3/4 cup Refried Beans
- 1 lb. Ground Chorizo pork or chicken
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Avocados
- 3/4 cup Fresh Salsa
- 1/3 cup Mexican Crema or sour cream
- Salt + Pepper
- Hot Sauce optional
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 8-10 minutes or until completely cooked through, breaking up with back of wooden spoon as you go. Place on paper towel lined plate to soak up any grease.
- Cook eggs over medium heat. The egg is best served slightly runny so cook for about 2-3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before flipping over.
- Heat refried beans so it's easy to spread on tostada shell.
- Top each tostada shell with refried beans, chorizo, fried egg, sliced avocado, fresh salsa, and mexican crema or sour cream. A drizzle of hot sauce is optional.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Enjoy these Chorizo Huevos Rancheros Tostadas with some mango aqua fresca and you have the perfect Mexican meal. Happy Cinco de Mayo, my friends!