This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Chilaquiles made with tender Mexican chipotle spiced chicken with tortilla chips, Mexican cheese, fresh avocado, cilantro, and Mexican crema. Such an easy meal to put together for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Most of the time… I think it’s harder to figure out what to eat for lunch than it is for dinner. How many times do you take time out of your busy day to whip up something healthy for your lunch?
Years ago, this Easy Chicken Chilaquiles was my lunch mainstay and I became obsessed with it. I literally craved it every single day because it was full of Mexican spicy flavor yet still fit my gluten-free diet. It is such a simple recipe! I can make the chipotle chicken ahead of time and then when lunch comes around, all I have to do is assemble the toppings.
It starts with simmering chicken tenders with chipotle chilies in adobo sauce and diced tomatoes and cooking it until the chicken is tender. Then you layer the chipotle chicken on top of tortilla chips, top it with Queso Fresco or Cotija cheeese (can even use feta), fresh avocado slices, cilantro, and Mexican Crema (or sour cream).
Oh my heavens, it is so good. These Easy Chicken Chilaquiles are seriously so addicting you will want to eat it for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner.
There are several options here. You can simmer the chicken in chipotle chilies and tomatoes until tender or start with a rotisserie chicken and simmer it in the chilies and tomatoes. They are both fabulous options!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Easy Chicken Chilaquiles
- (1) 28-ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- (1) 4-ounce can Green Chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Tenders or Rotisserie Chicken
- 3 Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce diced (plus 1 Tablespoons Adobo Sauce)
- 4 cups Tortilla Chips
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream or Mexican Crema
- 8 ounces Queso Fresco Cotija Cheese, or Feta
- 1-2 Avocados sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro garnish
- Fresh Limes garnish
- Place diced tomatoes, garlic powder, salt, chicken tenders, and chipotles and adobe sauce in large saucepan. Cook over medium- low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and can easily be shredded with 2 forks. If using rotisserie chicken, cook for 8-10 minutes until heated.
- Divide chips among 4-6 bowls. Top with chicken mixture and sauce. Garnish with mexican crema or sour cream, cheese, avocado, and cilantro. Serve hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Pin on PINTEREST:
If you want to a lunch or dinner that you can make in less than 30 minutes that everyone will love, then this Easy Chicken Chilaquiles in the dish for you! Grab a fork and dig in!
Happy Cooking! xo