Fruit Pizza with a Sugar Cookie Crust is made with a large, pizza-sized baked sugar cookie and topped with a sweet cream cheese whipped cream and sprinkled with glazed fresh fruit.
When I was young, I would escape into the kitchen. My five brothers were always playing basketball or wiffle ball in the backyard and I found refuge in the kitchen with my Mom. One of my go-to desserts (besides chocolate chip cookies) was a classic fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust. I actually have many photos when I was in my awkward stage with braces and huge permed curly hair holding the fruit pizza I made.
So it is about time that I share my fruit pizza recipe with you! This is actually a super easy fruit pizza recipe because the homemade sugar cookie crust has literally 6 ingredients and you just press it in a pan. No rolling and cutting out sugar cookie dough! Then you bake the sugar cookie crust just until it is perfectly soft and chewy. It is topped off with a creamy and decadent vanilla cream cheese frosting. You will want to lick the bowl! It is all topped off with an array of fresh fruits and a jam glaze to make it extra sweet and shiny.
What ingredients are in a Fruit Pizza:
Sugar Cookie Crust:
- Baking Powder Salt
Fruit Pizza Frosting:
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Mandarin Oranges
- Jam for glaze
How to make Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza:
- Start off by making homemade sugar cookie dough. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, to allow the sugar crystals to dissolve and wrap around the butter. Add 1 egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt and make sure to not overmix as this creates too much gluten in the cookie dough.
- Line a round 12-inch or 14-inch pizza pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Using your fingers, press the sugar cookie dough into the pan, pressing up the sides of the pan. Bake until soft and chewy. Let cool.
- Make the fruit pizza frosting by creaming softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. This whips air into the cream cheese and also makes sure that it is extra creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. The heavy cream needs to be cold in order for it to whip up. Mix for about 3 minutes, or until it is thickened and light and fluffy.
- Carefully lift up the cookie from the parchment paper and place on serving platter or keep the sugar cookie crust in the pizza pan.
- Spread fruit pizza frosting all over the crust.
- Slice the fruit. Decorate the fruit pizza with the fresh fruit.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat jam for about 15-20 seconds. Drizzle the jam over the fresh fruit to add sweetness and shine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and cut into wedges.
I hope you love this sugar cookie pizza recipe!