I am a stay-at-home mama and it can be hard to to find healthy lunch items in a hurry. Making fresh salads ahead of time and storing them in the refrigerator is my go-to time saver.
My ultra healthy daughter, who I have talked about extensively, actually came up with this recipe and makes it all of the time for her school lunches. She even got all of her high school friends hooked on quinoa!
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is made with quinoa, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, italian parsley, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and feta cheese. It’s crazy simple and makes quinoa, which is a nutritional powerhouse, taste good.
Once the quinoa is cooked, a dressing made with EVOO, red wine vinegar, and spices is poured over it. The quinoa literally soaks in every bit of the dressing and flavors it so well.
You can serve this Greek Quinoa Salad alongside some homemade roasted garlic and pine nut hummus, fresh burrata, and pita bread.
The salad can be refrigerated for up to 7 days. It will be good even longer than that but the veggies may not be as crisp after 7 days. This is perfect for leftovers!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (can use less -- ⅓ cup if so desired)
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup - 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Kalamata Olives (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In small bowl, toss extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Toss dressing with quinoa.
- Top with cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and feta cheese.
- Salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.