This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A quick and easy lasagna recipe made with cheese ravioli, meat sauce, and melted mozzarella cheese.
When it comes to quick and easy dinners, making a homemade lasagna doesn’t come to mind. It is super time consuming with so many steps. I wanted to discover an easier way to get lasagna on the table in no time at all! This is one of my kids’ favorite meals!
Enter cheese ravioli. This is a huge time saver since it eliminates the need for ricotta cheese or bechamel sauce layers. No need to make a homemade bechamel sauce or whip up a ricotta cheese, egg, and parmesan mixture since it is already stuffed inside the cheese ravioli.
Also, this recipe calls for jarred marinara sauce. There are so many incredibly fresh and flavorful jarred sauces on the market. I just saute some ground beef, season it, and then pour on the jarred sauce. It couldn’t be easier! No sauteeing onions and garlic either. We are using granulated garlic powder to shave off time in the kitchen.
The ravioli is cooked for 4-5 minutes, or according to the package instructions, and layered with the meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. It is baked until nice and bubbly and can be topped with fresh basil or arugula for a bit of freshness.
How to make Ravioli Lasagna:
- Start by browning 1 lb. of ground beef in a skillet drizzled with olive oil. Season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper chili flakes. This gives it layers of flavor and ensures that every component in this lasagna is seasoned well. Pour jarred sauce over the beef and simmer.
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions. You can use fresh refrigerated or frozen ravioli. Ravioli doesn’t take much time at all to cook so it should be done in less than 5 minutes.
- Layer sauce, ravioli, and cheese in baking dish. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbling.
- Top with fresh basil or arugula. This makes incredible leftovers and can be easily reheated.
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM — FACEBOOK — PINTEREST
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- 12 inch cast iron skillet
- lasagna server
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl set
- spatula set
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Chili Flakes
- 24 ounces Marinara Sauce
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs. Cheese Ravioli (refrigerated or frozen)
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese (fresh or grated)
- Fresh Basil Ribbons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add ground beef and cook until cooked through about 7-8 minutes. Break up meat with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red chili flakes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add marinara sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook cheese ravioli according to package instructions.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce on the bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish (if you want thicker layers, use a smaller pan). Layer half of the ravioli on top. Top with half of the sauce. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat. Finish off with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from foil and let bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is completely melted. Top with fresh basil ribbons or arugula.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I hope you love this Cheese Ravioli lasagna! Have a great day, my friends!