This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Shrimp Scampi Linguine
Shrimp sauteed in a lemon garlic butter sauce tossed with linguine pasta and made in less than 20 minutes.
This is one of those simple dishes made in a snap that looks so elegant. Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I want to share a beautiful dinner perfect for a night in. This Shrimp Scampi with Linguine pasta is such a gourmet comfort food meal. My husband goes crazy for shrimp so I definitely know the way to his heart!
Shrimp Scampi Linguine is made by sauteeing shrimp in a garlic butter sauce and adding fresh lemon juice and zest to brighten up the dish. Fresh parsley adds a balance to the shrimp while red chili flakes add just the right amount of spice. This Shrimp Scampi Linguine is such a well-balanced dish and will have you coming back for more!
How to make Shrimp Scampi Linguine:
- Start by sauteeing garlic in butter. Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes, turning often. You don’t want to overcook the shrimp as it can become rubbery. Season with salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat well.
- While shrimp is cooking, cook linguine pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with pasta.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with additional melted butter or extra-virgin olive oil, if so desired. It adds some vibrancy to the shrimp and gives an extra boost of flavor. Serve with sliced lemon halves.
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM — FACEBOOK — PINTEREST
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Shrimp Scampi Linguine
- 3/4 lb. Linguine Pasta
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 1 lb. Large Shrimp, peeled and devined
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Lemon, zest (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Generously salt the water. Bring to a boil and cook linguine according to package instructions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add butter and olive oil. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring often (garlic burns easily to watch carefully). Add the shrimp and saute until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Don't overcook the shrimp as they can become rubbery.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- Toss shrimp and sauce with linguine. Drizzle with extra melted butter and extra-virgin olive oil, if so desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.