This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My friend Tiff and I share an insane love for cookies. She actually despises cake (which I can’t understand for the life of me) and requests a large cookie cake for her birthday. Tiff and I may have the same adoration for cookies but her ability to take two bites of a cookie and put it down is something I can’t wrap my mind around. I eat two WHOLE cookies before I even think of putting one down! When we go to lunch together, I am always finishing up her cookie leftovers. 🙂 We are a good team!
Several months ago she called me to let me know that she discovered a fabulous cookie at a local bakery. Since she is a cookie connoisseur, I knew that I must investigate. I drove over to the bakery and ordered the Overachiever Cookie. It was a chewy oatmeal cookie with crunchy pretzels, sweet coconut, and M & M’s. The cookie had crisp buttery edges but had a melt-in-your-mouth center. I knew that it was time to make a similar version at home.
The Overachiever Cookie made with a sweet oatmeal cookie dough with shredded coconut, salty pretzels and chocolate M & M’s.
Here is the keys to making perfect Overachiever Oatmeal M & M Pretzel Cookies:
- Use Cold Butter. Make sure you cut butter into small pieces so it can easily incorporate with the sugars. Cream for at least 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. This ensures that the dough is creamy not grainy.
- A mix of flour and oatmeal makes this a hearty cookie. I use rolled oats in the Overachiever Cookie.
- Pretzels add a salty crunch to these cookies. Break them up with your hands before adding to the mixer. Mix for 1 minute to further break up the pretzels.
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut adds a chewy sweetness to the cookie without being overpowering.
- Choose your favorite M & M’s — plain or mini’s. They just put this cookie over the top!
- Bake just until golden brown on the outside. You want crispy outer edges and chewy centers.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
The Overachiever Oatmeal M & M Pretzel Cookie
- 1 cup Butter cold and cut into small cubes
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Oats
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Pretzels broken up
- 1 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups M & M's
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- Add pretzels and mix for 1 minute to break up pretzels.
- Add coconut and M & M's.
- Chill dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Drop cookie dough on baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown on outside and chewy on inside.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
PIN on PINTEREST:
I hope you love this Oatmeal M & M Pretzel Cookie. Happy Baking, my friends!