The last time I posted a chocolate chip cookie recipe, I received a text from a cute niece of mine wondering how many chocolate chip cookie recipes I have up my sleeve? My answer was “more than you could imagine.” I just can’t get the recipes out fast enough to you! This has been my thing for as long as I can remember so I have collected and created an incredible amount of recipes over the years.
This 100K Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe has been a staple in my cookbook for almost 20 years. My cousin’s wife brought these cookies in a large basket to a family gathering and I knew that I had to have the recipe. The ingredients are so unique! I have been playing around and tweaking this recipe for years and it is downright amazing.
These 100K Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with the typical chocolate chip cookie ingredients — sweet cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
I promised you that these cookies were different than all the rest. Different is good. Unique is good.
The star ingredients and game changers in these malted milk chocolate chip cookies are…..
Vanilla malt powder and Sweetened Condensed Milk. Anyone see that coming?
Here’s the dealio on these 100K Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies….
The vanilla malt powder gives that subtle malt flavoring that pairs perfectly with milk chocolate. Oh and sweetened condensed milk is just liquid heavenly goodness. Martha Stewart is known to eat it straight from the can in her refrigerator and I have never related to her more than I do now.
The sweetened condensed milk creates that chewy, melt-in-your-mouth texture. If you want to know what to do with the remaining sweetened condensed milk, make this soft, buttery caramel corn recipe.
My favorite milk chocolate chips to use in these cookies are Guittard, Ghirardelli, and Trader Joe’s Milk Chocolate Pound Plus Bar. I love to use both chips and chunks for variation in these 100K Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies plus the chocolate bar gets all melty and fabulous.
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup Malt Powder (such as Carnation)
- 3 cups Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- Optional: coconut, nuts, white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and cream for 1 minute longer. Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- Add malt powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips.
- Optional: wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 1 - 48 hours. The dough gets better with time.
- Drop cookie dough onto light colored baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until light golden brown on edges.
PIN on PINTEREST:
I hope you fall in love with these 100k cookies! You will surprise people when you tell them the special ingredients in these sweet malt chocolate chip cookies. Let me know how they turn out. I always love to hear from you!
Find me on instagram at modern_honey. Happy Baking! xo