Asian Wonton Chicken Nachos with pulled chicken, sriracha cream, coleslaw mix, green onions, and sweet cilantro lime sauce.
This is one of those recipes that came as a result of entering a recipe contest. Contest recipes are some of my very favorite recipes to share because they usually involve a lot of creativity and recipe testing. I had to come up with a creative recipe for the Super Bowl and instead of regular nachos, I thought why not use fried wontons? The rest is history. These wonton nachos have so many layers of flavors that your mouth won't know what hit it.
We lived on a street with the cutest Filipino woman (hi Myrah!) that made incredible fried wontons. I used to beg her to make them for me and she would always obliged my crazy cravings. Ever since she moved away, I try to get my fix and fry up some wontons myself. It's incredibly easy!
The wonton dough is already made, shaped, and ready to be put in the frying oil. It literally takes two minutes to fry them up. The fried wontons become so light and crispy. My kids want to eat them all by themselves!
The hot wontons are topped with pulled chicken. This can be rotiserrie chicken or homemade pulled poached chicken. The coleslaw mix is sprinkled on the top to add some freshness and crunch. The sriarcha cream is made with sour cream and sriracha sauce. If you don't have sriracha sauce in your refrigerator right now, go to the store and pick some up. Even if I am on a diet and eating what I consider "boring food," sriracha sauce is the game changer. A sweet cilantro lime sauce is drizzled on the top to add a touch of sweetness.
My mouth is watering just thinking of these nachos. Let's be honest....I am working my butt off because my cruise is in 10 days which means no nachos for me! Sometimes being a food blogger isn't the easiest job when you have to stare at fabulous food all day long and I am stuck sipping a protein shake. These chicken wonton nachos are a serious temptation.
Here are some tips for making these Asian Wonton Chicken Nachos:
- Buy the wonton dough in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. The wontons cook quickly so watch them carefully. Turn down the heat if they are browning too quickly.
- Rotisserie chicken or pulled poached chicken can be used. If making your own shredded chicken, don't forget to season it.
- Coleslaw mix adds so much crunch and contains cabbage and shredded carrots which gives it color as well.
- The sriracha cream can be made super mild or hot, depending on how you like it. You can always add a little less to get a subtle flavor.
- You want to eat these hot so the wontons stay nice and crispy.
I hope you love this Asian spin on layered nachos. Who is watching the big game this Sunday? Have a fabulous weekend, my friends!
Happy Eating! xo
Pin on PINTEREST: