Homemade double chocolate chunk brownies with a sweet and tangy cheesecake swirl.
Cheesecake and Brownies may be two of the most popular desserts so why don’t we combine them into one dessert bar? If you are a chocolate brownie fan, you will LOVE these cheesecake chocolate brownies!
This Cream Cheese Brownie recipe begins with whipping up homemade double chocolate brownie batter. My hands-down favorite chocolate brownie recipe is My Better than a Boyfriend Brownies (true story). These brownies have the crackly top and chewy centers that everyone wants in a brownie.
The cheesecake swirl is made by whipping up cream cheese until fluffy and adding sugar, an egg, and vanilla. The cheesecake swirl is the perfect marriage for a sweet and rich brownie. It is tangy and just lightly sweetened so it pairs so well.
How to make Cheesecake Brownies:
- Start by making Homemade Brownie Batter. Cream together butter and sugars for at least 4 minutes to create a creamy texture. Fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and spread into pan.
- Make Cheesecake Filling by whipping cream cheese for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla and whip until smooth.
- Drop Cream Cheese Filling, by the spoonful, onto the brownie batter into the pan. Swirl the cheesecake filling into the brownie batter, making decorative swirls.
- Bake just until cooked through. Don’t overbake these cream cheese brownies since it will make the cheesecake filling dry.
If you love dessert bars, check out these other recipes:
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @modern_honey so I can see your creations. Also, be sure to tag your photo using the hashtag #modernhoney. It’s one of my favorite things seeing you make these recipes in your own kitchen. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers.
Pin on PINTEREST:
Homemade double chocolate brownies with a cream cheese cheesecake swirl.
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cake Flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- (2) 8-ounce Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
Stir in flour, cake flour, cocoa, and salt until mixed together. Fold in chocolate chips.
Spread brownie batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whip softened cream cheese for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat for 3 minutes longer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until completely mixed together.
Drop cream cheese mixture, by the spoonful, onto the batter in the pan. Using a sharp knife, make a swirl pattern with the cream cheese swirl.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 1 hour to set up.
I hope you love these Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies! Have a great day! Happy Baking!