Homemade double chocolate chunk brownies with a sweet and tangy cheesecake swirl. The best cream cheese brownies!
Cheesecake and Brownies may be two of the most popular desserts so why don't we combine them into one dessert bar? If you are a chocolate brownie fan, you will LOVE these cheesecake chocolate brownies!
This Cream Cheese Brownie recipe begins with whipping up homemade double chocolate brownie batter. My hands-down favorite chocolate brownie recipe is My Better than a Boyfriend Brownies (true story). These brownies have the crackly top and chewy centers that everyone wants in a brownie.
The cheesecake swirl is made by whipping up cream cheese until fluffy and adding sugar, an egg, and vanilla. The cheesecake swirl is the perfect marriage for a sweet and rich brownie. It is tangy and just lightly sweetened so it pairs so well.
How to make Cream Cheese Brownies:
- Start by making Homemade Brownie Batter. Cream together butter and sugars for at least 4 minutes to create a creamy texture. Fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and spread into pan.
- Make Cheesecake Filling by whipping cream cheese for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla and whip until smooth.
- Drop Cream Cheese Filling, by the spoonful, onto the brownie batter into the pan. Swirl the cheesecake filling into the brownie batter, making decorative swirls.
- Bake just until cooked through. Don't overbake these cream cheese brownies since it will make the cheesecake filling dry.
If you love dessert bars, check out these other recipes:
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @modern_honey so I can see your creations. Also, be sure to tag your photo using the hashtag #modernhoney. It’s one of my favorite things seeing you make these recipes in your own kitchen. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers.
Pin on PINTEREST:
Homemade double chocolate brownies with a cream cheese cheesecake swirl.
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cake Flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- (2) 8-ounce Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
Stir in flour, cake flour, cocoa, and salt until mixed together. Fold in chocolate chips.
Spread brownie batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whip softened cream cheese for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat for 3 minutes longer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until completely mixed together.
Drop cream cheese mixture, by the spoonful, onto the batter in the pan. Using a sharp knife, make a swirl pattern with the cream cheese swirl.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 1 hour to set up.
I hope you love these Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies! Have a great day! Happy Baking!