Christmas is only four days away! How can it be? I am sharing one of my favorite party desserts of all time. If you want to bring a crowd pleasing treat, this Chocolate Candy Bar Cheese Ball is your answer. I have been making this for years and crave it big time around the holidays. This is an absolutely perfect New Years Eve dessert.
I still remember the very first time I tasted a sweet cheese ball. Growing up, I thought cheese balls were made with strong orange cheese rolled in nuts until I ate a sweet one. I have been hooked ever since! When we lived in Texas, the grocery store HEB reigned supreme and they were known for their decadent cheese balls. I would get ridiculously excited when Graciella, my favorite sample lady, was out giving samples of their cheese balls. I am pretty sure I was her best customer! Ha!
This Chocolate Candy Bar Cheese Ball can be made in less than 5 minutes.
We all need time savers this time of year and I just gave you one! This sweet cheese ball combines cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips, and candy bars galore. Fill it with your favorite candy such as M & M's, Snickers, Twix, Heath Bar, Milky Way, Kit Kat, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, or anything your heart desires.
Pretzels are phenomenal to use as dippers since it combines the salty and the sweet. I found these pretzel dippers at the grocery store but you can also use pretzel rods, pretzel crisps, or just plain pretzels.
- 1 - 8 ounce package Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Butter 1 cube, softened
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Candy Bars chopped (M & M's, Snickers, Twix, Kit Kat, Milky Way, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Reeses Pieces, Heath Bar, etc.
- In large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips, M & M's, and chopped candy bars.
- Place on large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Tightly cover.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve with pretzel rods, pretzel dippers, pretzel crisps, or traditional pretzels.
I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season! I will attempt to get some wrapping done tonight while watching some college football with the family. Crossing my fingers I can get it all done BEFORE Christmas Eve. 🙂 Thank you for all of your support! xo