This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Green Chicken Curry
A gluten-free and dairy-free Thai chicken curry that is full of rich flavor. Chicken and vegetables in a creamy coconut curry sauce. Healthy, delicious, and made in less than 30 minutes!
Bring on the soup season!
It’s starting to get cold (who am I kidding? It’s 95 degrees today in Arizona!). Well, for my friends in other states that aren’t surrounded by cactus, it might be getting a little nippy.
Soups are the perfect Fall dinner and they make the perfect leftovers. When I am lazy and don’t want to even think about making myself something for lunch, I go for soup. It’s full of lean protein, vegetables, and satisfies my hungry tummy.
Months ago, I shared my Chicken Sweet Potato Curry Recipe and it has become one of my most popular dinner recipes. https://www.modernhoney.com/chicken-sweet-potato-curry/ Since the Chicken Sweet Potato Curry uses a red curry paste, one of my best friends begged me to make a Green Curry recipe as well.
I played in the kitchen for a few hours and came up with these Green Monster Chicken Curry Bowls. My kids literally licked their bowls clean. My husband complained (in the nicest way possible) that there weren’t seconds for him to eat. We definitely had a winner on our hands!
These Thai Green Curry Bowls are perfect for a weeknight. It can be made in less than 30 minutes! It’s also completely gluten-free and dairy-free for all of my celiac friends. This can also be made into a yellow curry.
What ingredients are in Green Chicken Curry?
- Coconut Oil – healthy fat source
- Onion – balances blood sugar levels + immunity fighter
- Tumeric – has incredible anti-inflammatory benefits
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – healthy carb source, high in Vitamin C (may substitute zucchini or yellow squash for a low-carb alternative)
- Chicken Breast – a healthy lean protein
- Carrots – amazing Vitamin A source
- Garlic – boosts the immune system
- Green Curry Paste — a mix of chilies and spices that boost your metabolism (may also substitute yellow curry paste)
- Red Chilies – inflammation fighter
- Coconut Milk – a dairy-free alternative that is rich in vitamins and minerals
Where to find Green Curry Ingredients:
I receive many phone calls, text messages, Instagram and Facebook messages from my readers, who are running around a grocery store in a panic, trying to find the unique ingredients from recipes on Modern Honey. I thought I would help you out by providing a visual, so you know what you are looking for once you hit the store. I am always happy to help, so if you are running through the grocery store, message me and I will be your personal grocery assistant. 🙂
The chili garlic sauce can be readily found in most grocery stores. Red and Green Curry Paste are the most popular curry pastes found at the store. I found this particular one at Whole Foods and Sprouts. Thai Green Curry Bowls call for canned coconut milk. You can also use unsweetened Coconut Cream which is thicker and richer. It’s amazing! I found this one at Trader Joe’s for $1.49.
I love to hear from you! If you make this green curry, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @modern_honey so I can see your creations. Also, be sure to tag your photo using the hashtag #modernhoney. It’s one of my favorite things seeing you make these recipes in your own kitchen. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers.
Pin on PINTEREST:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Green Monster Chicken Curry Bowls
- 12 inch cast iron skillet
- non stick skillets
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut or Canola Oil
- 1 Onion cut lengthwise in strips
- 2-3 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 Red Pepper sliced lengthwise *(optional)*
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast cubed
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and cubed) *may substitute 1 zucchini or squash
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce (if you like extra flavor, you may add 1 more teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup Green Curry Paste
- 1 - 14 ounce can Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream (unsweetened)
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Fresh Lime
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add onions and let saute for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken breast, salt, and pepper and saute for 8 minutes. Add carrots and let saute for 2 more minutes. If using red pepper slices, add them to the skillet.
- Add potatoes and water and cover. Let simmer, covered, for 6 minutes. If using zucchini instead of potatoes, don't add the water. Add the zucchini and saute for only 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and add turmeric, chili garlic sauce, green curry paste, and canned coconut milk. Stir together. Let simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Season to taste.
- Can be served as is or with rice.
- Top with optional cilantro, lime, toasted coconut, and peanuts.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
These Thai Green Curry are so not only healthy but super easy as well. I can’t wait for you to try them out and tell me what you think. Have a great day, my friends!
Happy Cooking! xo
Pin on Pinterest: