Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies are a rich chocolate cookie with white chocolate peppermint bark topped with candy canes.
Hello, cookies. December is synonymous with cookies so obviously, this is the month I am most excited for as a food blogger! I have been brainstorming and creating new cookie recipes to share with you all month long. These Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies are the real deal! They are the ultimate Christmas cookie.
Calling all of the mint chocolate lovers!
Mrs. Claus Chocolate Peppermint Cookies start with the most perfect rich chocolate cookie then loaded with white chocolate peppermint bark and topped with crunchy sweet candy canes. Absolutely heavenly! You won’t be able to leave these cookies alone.
The double chocolate cookie dough begins with a high-quality cocoa powder and is filled with semi-sweet chocolate chips. After rolling the cookie dough into balls, place chunks of white chocolate peppermint bark inside the cookie and bake the cookies to perfection. Candy canes are sprinkled all over the top. A touch of sea salt can even be added.
Where do you find white chocolate peppermint bark?
Ghiradelli, Hershey’s, Cost Plus World Market, Williams-Sonoma, and Sur La Table all make white chocolate candy cane peppermint bark bars that are to die for. You could even chop up the festive Candy Cane Hershey Kisses as well. Try to place the peppermint bark closest to the center of the cookie so that it doesn’t spread onto the baking sheet.
Here are my top 5 tips to make perfect Mrs. Claus Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies:
1. Cream the butter and sugar for 4 minutes.
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Use high-quality cocoa. Get the good stuff because it’s the star ingredient.
4. Chilling the dough makes the cookies even better. Place the white chocolate peppermint bark towards the center of the cookies.
5. Watch the cookies carefully so you don’t burn the cookies. No hockey pucks!
- 1 cup Butter, cold cut into small cubes
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Cocoa high quality **
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chunks
- 2 - 3.5- ounce bars Peppermint Bark or White Chocolate Candy Cane Bar cut into chunks (may want more depending on preference), Ghirardelli or Hershey’s
- 3 Candy Canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream cold butter cubes and sugar for at least 4 minutes, scraping the bowl halfway through mixing.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Place chunks of the peppermint bark bar throughout cookie dough.
- Cook for 10-14 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Get ready to take a batch of these Mrs. Claus Chocolate Peppermint Cookies to your neighbors because you won’t be able to eat just one! Happy Baking, my friends!