This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pesto Parmesan Sundried Tomato Tartlets are made with flaky puff pastry baked until golden brown and filled with freshly made Buitoni Pesto Sauce, a parmesan goat cheese cream cheese layer, and topped with sweet sundried tomatoes.
It’s that time of year! It is officially the party season which means we are all searching for easy, flavorful appetizer recipes. I have the perfect one for you. I was recently asked to bring an appetizer to a party. I always like to whip something new and creative in the kitchen to bring to my friends. Of course, it has to pass the inspection process in our home. I have all of my kids and husband try every single recipe so I can get their honest feedback. They don’t hold back and I love it!
When I created these Pesto Parmesan Sundried Tomato Tartlets, I waited for the kids to come home from school. They are so accustomed to being my taste-testers that they know there is usually something to try when they arrive home. As each of them walked through the door, they grabbed a tartlet and plopped it into their mouth. And then I wait…
The oohs and ahh’s began and they all grabbed seconds. That’s usually my sign. If they want just one, then I know it’s probably not a winner. The Pesto Parmesan Sundried Tomato Tartlets were a hit!
The key is to use refrigerated Buitoni Pesto sauce. It is such a time saver and is made of the high est-quality ingredients I know are crucial to the start of a great recipe. The Buitoni makes their Pesto with Basil a recipe from the Italian Riviera, and it combines fragrant basil, garlic, pine nuts, walnuts, aged Parmesan and Romano cheeses with extra virgin olive oil. Doesn’t that sound just heavenly? I love that all Buitoni offers sauces are made with no gmo ingredients and free from artificial flavors and colors. This is my go-to pesto sauce!
Buitoni refrigerated Pesto with Basil offers fresh flavor you won’t find in jarred sauces. You can find all of Buitoni fresh pasta sauces in are found in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store. I often find mine along the perimeter or near the deli by the fancy cheeses.
Next, I use frozen puff pastry sheets. These are so convenient and produce buttery, flaky tartlets every single time. Bake these ahead of time in mini muffin tins until golden brown for the perfect bite-size appetizer.
The creamy cheese center is made with Buitoni shredded parmesan cheese mixed with cream cheese and soft goat cheese. The goat cheese gives it a real tang. The parmesan cheese adds a sharp nutty flavor to the cream mixture. The cream cheese adds another level of creaminess. Buitoni shredded parmesan cheese is another fabulous time saver!
These little Pesto Parmesan Sundried Tomato Tartlets are topped with a few ribbons of sweet sundried tomatoes. This is the perfect balance to go with the flaky tartlet, fresh pesto, creamy parmesan mixture, and sweet sundried tomatoes. These are off the charts in flavor!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Pesto Parmesan Sundried Tomato Tartlets
- 1 - 17.3- ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets 2 sheets, thawed
- 1 Egg for egg wash, whisked
- 7- ounce Buitoni Pesto with Basil
- 8- ounce pkg. Cream Cheese softened
- 4- ounce Soft Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup Buitoni Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes in oil, sliced
- Heat the oven to 375° degrees.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut each pastry sheet into 3 strips. Cut each pastry strip into 4 squares, making 12 per sheet. Press the pastry squares into (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg until blended. Brush puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 16 - 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the pan and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and goat cheese for 4 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Cream for 1 minute, scraping down the sides.
- Place a teaspoon of Buitoni pesto sauce in each tartlet, top with parmesan cream cheese, and top with sliced sun-dried tomatoes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
These Pesto Parmesan Sundried Tomato Tartlets will be a hit at your next party! I have partnered with Buitoni and am posting on behalf of Buitoni. All opinions are my own.
PIN on PINTEREST:
Happy Cooking, my friends!