Oatmeal is full of positives. It is loaded with fiber and minerals and is a healthy carb – keeping you full and satisfied longer. A big bowl of oatmeal is so comforting in the winter time. Sometimes when my kids and hubby are in a hurry to get out the door, I put it in a big red plastic cup, fill it with all these nutritious goodies and they are on their way. My kids think I am “Mrs. Fancy Pants” when I whip up this oatmeal.
Let’s make this ultimate Oatmeal Love Toppings Bar together. You start with a big pot of hot, homemade oatmeal made with rolled oats. No quick oats here. You can add milk or almond milk for a richer and creamier oatmeal, or you can use water if you are watching the calories. The benefit of using unsweetened almond milk is that it is only 30 calories per cup. That’s outrageous!
Don’t forget the salt – it’s integral.
This is fantastic for entertaining as it will definitely impress your guests. When setting up your Oatmeal Love Toppings Bar, everything doesn’t have to look the same. You can use unique bowls and platters of all shapes, sizes, and colors to make it look unique.
These white baskets are from Sur La Table and are used often in our home for fresh berries. Many of my favorite bowls and entertaining pieces are from World Market and Home Goods.
Use small chalkboard signs or printed signs and list your topping choices – this gives it a whimsical feel.
Even if you don’t want to make an entire Oatmeal Love Toppings Bar, here are some great ideas to spruce up your ho-hum oatmeal.
The OATMEAL LOVE BAR Toppings:
Strawberries – Bananas – Raspberries – Blackberries – Blueberries
Nuts + Seeds:
Almonds – Pecans – Walnuts – Pumpkin Seeds – Chia Seeds – Almond Butter – Peanut Butter
Apricots – Cranberries – Raisins – Coconut – Cherries
Chocolate Chips – Caramel – Berry Jam – Brown Sugar – Real Maple Syrup – Honey – Stevia – Agave Nectar
Cinnamon – Pumpkin Pie Spice – Nutmeg – Vanilla
Milk – Almond Milk – Cream – Half n Half
The Ultimate OATMEAL Bowls:
The A B + J Oatmeal = Oats + Almond Butter + Berry Jam + Almonds + Blueberries
Almond Joy Oatmeal = Oats + Chocolate Chips + Coconut Flakes + Almonds
Berry Trifecta Oatmeal = Oats + Brown Sugar or Honey+ Strawberries + Blueberries + Raspberries
ChocoBerry Oatmeal = Oats + Strawberries + Banana + Brown Sugar + Walnuts + Chocolate Chips
Chock Full of Goodness Oatmeal = Oats + Cranberries + Apricots + Coconut + Almonds + Pumpkin Seeds + Honey
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal = Oats + Brown Sugar + Pecans + Pumpkin Pie Spice + Vanilla + Cream
Brown Sugar Banana Walnut Oatmeal = Oats + Brown Sugar + Fresh Banana + Walnuts
Chocolate Love Oatmeal = Oats + Chocolate Chips + Raspberries + Cream
The Elvis Oatmeal = Oats + Almond or Peanut Butter + Bananas + Brown Sugar
- 3 cups Rolled Oats (or Steel Cut or GF Rolled Oats)
- 6 cups Milk (or Almond Milk or Water)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- The OATMEAL STAND Toppings:
- Fresh Fruit:
- Strawberries - Bananas - Raspberries - Blackberries - Blueberries
- Nuts + Seeds:
- Almonds - Pecans - Walnuts - Pumpkin Seeds - Chia Seeds - Almond Butter - Peanut Butter
- Dried Fruits:
- Apricots - Cranberries - Raisins - Coconut - Cherries
- Sweet Things:
- Chocolate Chips - Caramel - Berry Jam - Brown Sugar - Real Maple Syrup - Honey - Stevia - Agave Nectar
- Cinnamon - Pumpkin Pie Spice - Nutmeg - Vanilla
- Creamy Goodness:
- Milk - Almond Milk - Cream - Half n Half
- The Ultimate OATMEAL Bowls:
- *The A B + J Oatmeal = Oats + Almond Butter + Berry Jam + Almonds + Blueberries
- *Almond Joy Oatmeal = Oats + Chocolate Chips + Coconut Flakes + Almonds
- *Berry Trifecta Oatmeal = Oats + Brown Sugar or Honey+ Strawberries + Blueberries + Raspberries
- *ChocoBerry Oatmeal = Oats + Strawberries + Banana + Brown Sugar + Walnuts + Chocolate Chips
- *Chock Full of Goodness Oatmeal = Oats + Cranberries + Apricots + Coconut + Almonds + Pumpkin Seeds + Honey
- *Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal = Oats + Brown Sugar + Pecans + Pumpkin Pie Spice + Vanilla + Cream
- *Brown Sugar Banana Walnut Oatmeal = Oats + Brown Sugar + Fresh Banana + Walnuts
- *Chocolate Love Oatmeal = Oats + Chocolate Chips + Raspberries + Cream
- *The Elvis Oatmeal = Oats + Almond or Peanut Butter + Bananas + Brown Sugar
- Cook according to package instructions. Don't forget the salt as it adds flavor to the oatmeal.
- Top with your favorite toppings for the ultimate oatmeal treat.