White Peach Raspberry Almond Salad
We are in full-on summer mode around here but it will come to a screeching halt come Monday when my kids go back to school. Can you believe it? School in July is crazy! I have been trying to spend a lot of time with my kiddos this summer so I have been taking a little break from Modern Honey. Thankfully I have been cooking up a storm with my kids so I have so many amazing recipes to share with you!
My parents came over for dinner on Sunday night and since my Mom is known for her gorgeous salads, I put her in charge of bringing one. She had picked up perfectly ripe white peaches and plump raspberries from the store and tossed them in a bed of greens with creamy cheese and candied almonds. We were licking the bowl! My husband admitted at the dining table that when we went through a rough patch during our dating years and he wondered if we didn’t make it through how in the world would he survive without Kerry’s famous salads. Very funny, Dean. Lucky for us, we still get to eat her beautiful salads together! 🙂
My Mom is sharing her recipe for her White Peach Raspberry Almond Salad. It’s made with a bed of greens, juicy peaches, tart raspberries, candied almonds, creamy feta or white cheddar cheese, all tossed with a sweet dressing. It’s a simple summer salad focusing on an abundance of fresh fruits. My Mom used a Kerry Gold Cheddar Cheese, since she visited Ireland for the first time a few months back. The creamy cheddar cheese paired perfectly with the sweet and juicy peaches.
You can use any type of stone fruits such as nectarines, peaches, plums and apricots. You can also use raspberries, strawberries, blackberries or blueberries. The bed of greens can be a baby spring mix, romaine, butter lettuce, or your favorite type of greens. This White Peach Raspberry Almond Salad is such a versatile salad and everyone loves it!
I am including a homemade sweet dressing recipe if you want to make it from scratch. I love to make homemade dressings but my Mom made it super simple and brought a store bought dressing. It was actually yummy! It’s called Brianne’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette. I will choose homemade every single time but that vinaigrette is an easy option as well. A poppyseed dressing would be fabulous with this White Peach Raspberry Almond Salad as well.
- 6-10 cups Baby Spring Mix or Romaine Hearts chopped
- 2 White Peaches or Nectarines sliced
- 6 ounces Raspberries
- 1 cup Feta Cheese or White Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Place greens on large platter or in bowl. Top with fresh peaches, raspberries, and cheese.
- In small saucepan, heat almonds and sugar over low heat, stirring often. As the sugar starts to melt, stir to coat almonds and to keep from burning. Once sugar is melted and almonds are nicely coated, remove from heat and place candied almonds on wax or parchment paper. Let cool.
- Sprinkle candied almonds over salad.
- To make sweet dressing: In small bowl or shaker bottle, mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Hope you love this White Peach Raspberry Almond Salad with Sweet Dressing. Happy Eating, my friends!