Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Creamy parmesan cream sauce tossed with fettuccine pasta and topped with sauteed chicken
This is a classic Italian-American dish that needs to be in every single kitchen. My Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe and Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe (with 75% less fat) are some of the most popular recipes on my Modern Honey. So I decided to add some protein by adding some sliced chicken breast!
I am heading to a food conference tomorrow in Utah where I will be surrounded by about 600 other foodies. It is basically a "safe zone" to talk incessantly about our love of food. Last year at the registration table was a banquet size table filled with an assortment of Ruby Snap cookies. I am pretty sure I ate 4 cookies by the time it was 9:00 am and it was completely normal.
Every time I go to Utah, I always want to hit the famous pasta place that I went to almost weekly while I was up in college. They served the best chicken fettuccine alfredo and I wanted to make it in my own kitchen!
What ingredients are in Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo?
It all starts with a homemade alfredo sauce made with butter, garlic, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese tossed with fettuccine pasta. It is topped with seasoned sauteed chicken breast.
How to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
- Start by bringing water to a boil in a large pot. Add a generous amount of salt to the water to season the pasta while it cooks. Once it is boiling, add the fettuccine pasta and cook according to package instructions. I love to use fresh, refrigerated fettuccine pasta.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add garlic. Cook until softened — about 1 to 2 minutes. Watch carefully as garlic can burn quickly!
- Add heavy cream and let simmer over medium-high heat for about 5-8 minutes to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add half of the parmesan cheese to the mixture and whisk well until smooth.
- While the sauce is thickening, cook the chicken. Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter and let melt. Season chicken with garlic powder and parsley. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss alfredo sauce with fettuccine pasta and add half of the parmesan cheese. Once it is tossed, garnish with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place sauteed and sliced chicken breast on top of fettuccine alfredo. Garnish with fresh parsley, if so desired.