This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The Best Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe Ever! How to make chewy, soft blondies from scratch. This is the most delicious and easiest chocolate chip blondie recipe.
Tomorrow is my kids’ first day of school, which is insane based on the current high temperatures in Arizona.
But I always make chocolate chip cookies for them on the first day of school so this year I am making them the best chocolate chip blondies…and they love them!
I have always been obsessed with making the best chocolate chip blondie bar. It all starts with melted butter which gives the blondie the perfect toffee, caramel notes.
You can find my browned butter white chocolate blondie recipe here or my chocolate chip cookie bars using the creamed butter and sugar method.
Homemade Chocolate Chip Blondies Ingredients:
This simple chocolate chip blondie recipe is made with only 8 ingredients and can be made in one bowl.
- Butter — use melted butter for toffee notes in the blondies recipe.
- Brown Sugar — use light, golden brown sugar, and always pack down the brown sugar for accurate measurement.
- Eggs — use one whole egg and one egg yolk which makes the chewiest blondies!
- Vanilla Extract — use good quality, pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Flour — this recipe calls for all-purpose flour.
- Baking Soda — this leavening agent helps the blondies to rise while baking in the oven without leaving them cakey.
- Salt — this flavor enhancer is so integral in baking.
- Chocolate Chips — I suggest using semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips as well. My favorite chocolate chips are Guittard and Ghirardelli.
I love how easy these are to throw together since this recipe calls for the blondies to be baked in one pan.
I love making these one bowl blondies because they are the easiest bars! I have the most simple one bowl chocolate chip cookie recipe if you are looking for it in cookie form.
- Melt butter. This can be done in the microwave or in a pot on the stove.
- Stir packed brown sugar in melted butter until smooth. It is important to stir the brown sugar into the butter while the butter is warm so it melts the sugar crystals. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding the vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in vanilla extract and then the whole egg and egg yolk.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt. Check to make sure the cookie dough isn’t too warm before adding the chocolate chips.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup to sprinkle on the top of the cookie dough in the pan.
- Line a 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spread cookie dough into the pan. Bake for 24-30 minutes. Do NOT overbake these blondies. The centers will look underbaked but they will continue to set up once you remove them from the oven.
- Let the blondies with chocolate chips set up before cutting. Read the Q & A below for extra detailed tips.
Recipe Tips and Q & A:
- I would suggest baking these blondies in a metal or aluminum pan instead of a glass pan. I don’t like to bake in glass pans because of the way it conducts heat. The aluminum pans allow the bars to bake evenly.
- I would suggest this USA 8 x 8 baking pan. This Nordicware 8 x 8 pan works great as well. I also use these parchment paper sheets every single day!
- You will want to underbake these blondies. They will look slightly underdone or jiggly in the center but they will continue to bake once the blondies are removed from the oven.
- Allow the blondies to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting to allow them to set up. For easier cutting, I suggest putting them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- For easier cutting, use a cheap, plastic knife. It makes the cleanest cuts!
I hope you love these blondies with chocolate chips! Thank you so much for following along.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (if using unsalted butter, increase to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl or in a pot on the stove. Stir in brown sugar for about 2 minutes or until smooth and completely dissolved.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and stir. Add egg and egg yolk and stir until smooth.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Check to ensure the cookie dough isn't too warm before adding the chocolate chips. Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup for the top.
- Line a 8 x 8 aluminum or metal pan with parchment paper. I don't suggest using a glass pan for these blondies.
- Spread the cookie dough in the pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Bake for 19-26 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The center will still look jiggly and underbaked but the blondies will continue to bake once removed from the oven.
- Allow to set up for at least 15-20 minutes before cutting into bars. For easier cutting, place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. Use a plastic knife for smoother cutting. Cut into 9 or 16 bars.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.