Soft, chewy Fall cookie with dark brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and chocolate chips for the perfect Autumn cookie. This is the perfect Fall spiced chocolate chip cookie recipe!
I love when my readers make recipe requests and I recently received one to create a copycat of the brand new Levain Bakery Fall cookie that was just released. I am heading to New York City in a few days so you better believe I am going to try their new Fall cookie!
I did a ton of research and decided to give it a try. It is the perfect spiced cookie with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves with a touch of molasses and dark brown sugar. It is a nice change from the traditional pumpkin cookies seen everywhere.
This soft spiced chocolate chip cookie is nice and thick without being cakey. It has the most tender texture with just the right amount of spice with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips which pairs perfectly with the soft molasses ginger cookie.
If you love true soft gingersnap molasses cookies, check out my recipe HERE.
Fall Spiced Cookie Ingredients:
- Dark Brown Sugar - you can substitute light brown sugar
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chunks or Chips
The molasses and dark brown sugar give the cookie a chewy texture and a rich, deep flavor. If you love molasses brown sugar flavor, you will love these molasses spiced chocolate chip cookies!
How to make Chocolate Chip Spiced Cookies:
- Start with cold butter, cut into small cubes. It is important to cut the butter into small pieces to allow it to incorporate with the sugars. Add the brown sugar and sugar and cream together for 4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and molasses and mix for 1 minute longer.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. The cornstarch thickens the cookies and keeps them soft and chewy for days.
- Stir in chocolate chips or chunks. I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate. If you cut up a chocolate bar, you will get more melty chocolate within the cookie.
- Bake on a light-colored baking sheet. Let set for at least 10-15 minutes before moving from the baking sheet.
What size should I make these cookies?
Levain Bakery is known for its 6-ounce cookies. You can find their OG chocolate chip cookie recipe HERE. I like to weigh my cookie dough on a kitchen scale to make the cookies the exact same size, which helps the cookies to bake evenly. I like to make these cookies 4-6 ounces. If you make them 6 ounces, they will need to cook 1-2 minutes longer than if they are 4 ounces.
I hope you love this Fall cookie recipe! You can find ALL of my FALL RECIPES by clicking HERE.