Gourmet Toast Ideas are perfect for quick lunches or for serving at a party. Avocado Toast topping ideas and suggestions for what to put on top of avocado toast.
Lunch is the hardest meal for me to figure out what to eat. I don't want to spend much time in the kitchen because I am usually into my workday and want to keep the momentum. I found that I reach for avocado toast most days and I wanted to change it up. So I decided to start making a list of different toppings I could put on my avocado toast. The list kept growing and growing! It is about time I share my long list of gourmet toast ideas for quick lunches.
One of my favorite combinations is just adding crunchy sliced cucumber and microgreens to my avocado toast. It adds some crunch and more nutrition with the addition of microgreens. I also love to add fresh garden tomatoes in the summer and drizzle them with a touch of extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic glaze, and sea salt.
There are so many delicious combinations of toast -- from savory toast ideas to sweet toast ideas with honey ricotta and fresh berries.
Epic Gourmet Avocado Toast:
- Bacon + Avocado + Egg + Hot Sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella + Pesto + Tomatoes + Balsamic Glaze
- Avocado + Charred Mexican Corn + Cotija Cheese + Lime Juice + Pickled Fresno Chilies
- Ricotta Cheese + Honey + Lemon Zest + Fresh Berries
- Hummus + Cucumber + Tomatoes + Red Onion + Feta Cheese + EVOO
- Avocado + Heirloom Tomato + Pesto
- Burrata Cheese + Grape Tomatoes + Fresh Basil + Balsamic Glaze
- Avocado + Microgreens + Thin Sliced Radishes + Red Chili Flakes
- Ricotta + Honey + Dates + Almonds
- Avocado + Mini Mozzarella Balls + Halved Grape Tomatoes + Balsamic Glaze
- Bacon + Onion Jam + Fried Egg
- Avocado + Cucumber + Radish + Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- Ricotta Cheese + Roasted Tomatoes + EVOO + Balsamic Glaze + Basil
- Fig Jam + Ricotta Cheese + Figs or Dates + Honey
- Cream Cheese + Cucumbers + Microgreens
- Avocado + Fried Egg + Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Bacon Jam + Avocado + Scrambled Eggs + Chives
- Boursin Cheese + Cucumbers + Sprouts or Microgreens
- Proscuitto + Fig Jam + Whipped Goat Cheese
Base Spread for Gourmet Toast:
- Fresh Avocado (fanned out, mashed, sliced)
- Ricotta Cheese (add honey and lemon zest for sweetness)
- Cream Cheese
- Burrata Cheese
- Onion Jam
- Bacon Jam
- Boursin Cheese
- Fig Jam
What type of Bread for Avocado Toast?
When making avocado toast, there is nothing better than toasted sourdough bread, in my book. The toasted bread holds up beautifully to the creamy avocado and has a subtle tang.
You can also pick up a loaf of French Bread from your local bakery and slice it for the perfect avocado toast.
Avocado Toast Toppings:
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Grape Tomatoes
- Sliced Cucumber
- Microgreens or Sprouts
- Rainbow Radishes, thinly sliced
- Fried Egg
- Burrata Cheese
- Charred Corn
- Crispy Bacon
- Roasted Tomatoes
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Basil
- Dates and Figs
- Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar
- Pickled Onions
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Cotija Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Whipped Goat Cheese
- Red Onions
- Everything Bagel Seasoning, Red Chili Flakes, Sea Salt, Cracked Pepper
I hope you love these ideas for transforming ordinary toast into something really delicious!