Greek Chicken Bowls
Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and homemade tzatziki sauce all in one bowl. A high-protein and low carb meal!
I am full-on obsessed with bowls. It is an easy way to get a ton of my vegetables in at one time and the bowls are usually gluten-free which is always a good thing in my diet. Plus you can meal prep these bowls ahead of time so eating a healthy meal at lunch or dinner is super easy!
Mediterranean food has been so popular recently because of its health benefits and incredible flavors. My daughter and I make these Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce at least once a week when she is home from college. Actually, homemade tzatziki sauce is in our refrigerator at all times.
What ingredients go into Greek Chicken Bowls?
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Grape Tomatoes
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Red Onions
- Feta Cheese
- Kalamata Olives
- Tzatziki Sauce
If you want to add some filling carbs, you can add quinoa, rice, or couscous to the bowls.
How to make Greek Chicken Bowls?
- Start by grilling or sauteeing chicken. I prefer to marinate my chicken for at least 30 minutes but 3-4 hours is ideal. Once it is grilled or sauteed, wait 5 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to soak in.
- Make the homemade tzatziki sauce. You can use store-bought as well but this homemade tzatziki sauce is killer. Use unflavored and unsweetened Greek yogurt because this is similar to a dressing. Also, make sure to squeeze out as much water as possible from the grated cucumber so the tzatziki sauce doesn't become watery.
- To assemble bowls start with grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and kalamata olives. Top with a generous amount of feta cheese and tzatziki sauce.
- These Greek Chicken Bowls can be made ahead of time and are perfect to put together on meal-prep Sundays.
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM — FACEBOOK— PINTEREST
Greek Chicken Bowls. Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and homemade tzatziki sauce all in one bowl. A high-protein and low carb meal!
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1-2 Cucumbers (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced)
- 3/4 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill (chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and grated, squeeze excess liquid with cheesecloth or paper towel)
Place all marinade ingredients and chicken in large gallon-size Ziploc bag or bowl. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
To grill chicken: Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush grill with oil to prevent sticking. Place chicken on the grill. Cook for approximately 5 - 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of chicken. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees. Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices.
To saute chicken: heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Let rest for 5 minutes and then cut into slices.
To make tzatziki sauce: stir together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, dill, and garlic. Stir in grated cucumber and taste for seasonings. Squeeze the cucumber to remove excess water before adding to rest of ingredients.
To make Greek yogurt bowls: place sliced chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and drizzle with tzatziki sauce.