This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This quick and easy chicken chili is made in less than 30 minutes and filled with protein, good fats, and healthy carbs! This White Chicken Chili is a quick and easy soup recipe made with shredded chicken, onion, garlic, chili powder, green chilies, white beans, and ranch powder, and topped with cheese and sour cream.
This Ranch Chicken Chili has a secret ingredient that is a game-changer ingredient in my chili recipes here on Modern Honey. The secret ingredient in my chili recipes is dried ranch powder! It is the stuff you use to make ranch dressing or ranch dip for veggies and it is unbelievably good in soups. It gives it so much flavor!
This White Chicken Chili is made with shredded chicken, onion, garlic, chili powder, green chilies, white beans, and ranch powder, and topped with fresh cilantro, Monterey Jack Cheese and sour cream or Mexican crema. If you want some extra spice, add some pickled jalapenos.
I love this Chicken Chili recipe because you can throw it all together and be feeding your family in less than 30 minutes. If you want to make it extra easy, use a rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken. It is a time saver! It is a steal at $4.99 and Costco.
This recipe can be made with either 1 or 2 cans of white beans. It depends on if you prefer a more brothy soup or a chunkier soup. Just make sure to rinse your beans before adding them to the soup!
What ingredients are in Ranch Chicken Chili?
- Onion sauteed in Oil
- Chili Powder
- Ranch Powder
- Chicken Broth
- Shredded Chicken
- White Beans
- Green Chilies
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
What Toppings to put on Chicken Chili?
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Tortilla Strips
- Fresh Avocado Slices
If you love Chili Recipes, check out these Popular Chili Recipes:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Ranch Chicken Chili
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 small Onion (diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Ranch Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1 to 2 14.5 ounce cans White Beans (drained)
- 8 ounces Chopped Green Chilies
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 to 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Avocado (optional)
- PIckled Jalapenos (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add oil and onion and cook for 7-8 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Make sure to have the chicken broth handy since you don't want to cook the garlic too long or it will burn and become bitter.
- Pour in chicken broth, chili powder, ranch powder, and pepper. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add shredded cooked chicken, drained white beans, and green chilies. Cook for several minutes until heated. Taste for seasonings.
- Top each bowl with Monterey Jack cheese, fresh cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream.
- I suggest using rotisserie chicken to make it extra quick and easy.
- If you are cooking your own chicken, I suggest poaching it or if you have extra time, throwing it into a slow cooker and then shredding it.
- Make sure to season your chicken with salt and pepper!
- You can use 1 or 2 cans of white beans, depending on personal preference. If you like a more brothy soup, use 1 can. If you like a chunkier soup, use 2 cans.
- If you want some extra spice, dice up some pickled jalapenos and add to the soup.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.