Soft, chewy homemade peanut butter cookies dipped in melted chocolate. This peanut butter and chocolate cookie is rich and decadent and perfect for chocolate peanut butter lovers!
My husband is obsessed with peanut butter cookies.
He can pound 5 of them in one sitting. Just give him a big glass of milk and he can devour peanut butter cookies like the best of them.
So after making peanut butter cookies for years, I wanted to elevate them and make them more gourmet by dipping them in melted chocolate.
Oh my heavens, they are so heavenly! If you love chocolate and peanut butter together, these cookies are for you!
I love that these are super easy to make yet they look straight from a bakery (but even better!)
- Brown Sugar
- Chunky Peanut Butter
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Chocolate Melting Wafers (Ghirardelli)
Tips and Q & A's:
Can I use creamy peanut butter instead of chunky peanut butter?
Absolutely! If you want a smooth, creamy peanut butter cookie, use creamy peanut butter. If you want a slightly crunchy yet soft peanut butter cookie, use crunchy peanut butter.
I don't suggest using all-natural peanut butter in this recipe as there isn't enough moisture for this peanut butter cookie recipe.
What type of chocolate should I use for the melting chocolate?
I suggest using melting wafers like the Ghirardelli melting wafers. They are made to easily melt and are so quick and easy.
You can also use chocolate bars chopped up and melted in the microwave at 50% power.
If you use chocolate chips, I suggest adding 1-2 teaspoons of oil to the chocolate chips to make sure the chocolate doesn't seize up.
How to make Chocolate Ganache Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Start by creaming together butter, brown sugar, and sugar together for at least 4 minutes. This helps to create a smooth texture.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and creamy or chunky peanut butter.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make sure not to overmix!
- Roll into balls and then dip into sugar and roll until the dough is evenly coated.
- Place the dough balls on a light-colored baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until the cookies just begin to set up. If you want the peanut butter cookies to be soft and chewy, you want to underbake them slightly. Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate wafers according to package instructions. Once the cookies have completely cooled, dip half of the cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Place on an elevated cooling rack and allow the chocolate to set-up.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPES:
- Soft Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms with Hershey Kiss
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Levain Bakery Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Wish I could edit my comment. The word 'day' should be 'say' instead.
These cookies are amazing, even without the chocolate. The chocolate is the proverbial "icing" on the cake, er cookie! However, contrary to what the notes day, I used my own all-natural, homemade peanut butter and it worked just fine. Wish I could post a photo, mine look just like the photo in the post.
I am so happy to hear it Kathleen! I agree, the cookies are stellar with or without the chocolate top. Thanks for trying out my recipe, I am glad that you loved them!
How drippy does the chocolate get when you place the dipped cookies on a rack? Could I recycle the chocolate that drips off of them by putting it back into the bowl of melted chocolate?
Great idea Melissa, I never thought of dipping them. I usually dip everything too. I love Peanut butter cookies myself. I will be dipping my next batch of these cookies too. Thank you for the recipe...
my dad absolutely loves these and I can't wait to try them.❤🔥