Peanut Butter Blossoms
Soft peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the center. The perfect chocolate peanut butter combination cookie!
What is a Christmas cookie plate without Peanut Butter Blossoms? This is a classic Christmas cookie that chocolate peanut butter lovers go crazy for! It is a classic recipe I have been making in Mom's kitchen since I was a little one and is absolutely foolproof.
This is the BEST Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe. I found this recipe in a church cookbook when I was young and it has been a cookie we have on repeat in our home during the holidays. It all starts with a soft peanut butter cookie. No hard cookies here! The peanut butter cookie needs to be perfectly chewy and full of peanut butter flavor. The peanut butter cookie dough is rolled into sugar and then baked until soft.
After the peanut butter cookies are baked, a single Hershey Kiss is placed in the center. This peanut butter chocolate kiss cookie will be one of the stars on your Christmas cookie plate.
How to make Peanut Butter Blossoms (aka Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies):
- Cream butter and sugars for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. This ensures the texture is perfectly creamy and no graininess from the sugar is left.
- Add peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla and cream for 2 minutes longer, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Do NOT overmix as it creates more gluten and will result in a tougher cookie.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and roll into sugar. Bake just until the cookies are cooked through but still soft and chewy. I like to slightly underbake my cookies.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap the Hershey Kisses so you are ready to put them on the hot cookies. While they are still warm, press a Hershey kiss into each peanut butter cookie.
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @modern_honey and use #modernhoney so I can see your creations. It’s one of my favorite things seeing you make these recipes in your own kitchen. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM --- FACEBOOK --- PINTEREST
Happy Baking, my friends!