Chicken Burrito Bowls
Full of protein and healthy carbs with so much flavor that you will forget you are eating healthy! A favorite Chipotle burrito bowl recipe.
Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls are all the rage. I think we can thank Chipotle for that. It’s made with everything you stuff inside a burrito….without the large flour tortilla. It’s basically the healthier version of the burrito. There is a reason that people can’t get enough of protein bowls — you get a good amount of protein, healthy carbs, and vegetables. It’s a filling, satisfying, flavorful meal.
So what is in these Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls?
So glad you asked.
It starts with marinated chili lime chicken, grilled to perfection. Grilling just makes everything better. The key is to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes. I prefer at least 2-4 hours or even overnight.
The base of the burrito bowl is rice and black beans, which are carbs that give you a good amount of energy. Pico de gallo and fresh avocado slices or guacamole are placed on the top. Since it is corn season, fresh roasted corn is added to the bowls. The beauty of corn on the cob is that it can be grilled right alongside the chicken.
You are going to want to DRINK this cilantro ranch dressing. It’s a copycat version of the famous Chuy’s creamy jalapeno dip and it will rock your world. I guarantee it. Click the links above for the recipe.
These Grilled Chicken Taco Bowls are so versatile and can be made ahead of time. You can make all of the ingredients and place individual servings in rubbermaid containers for work lunches or even school lunches. If you need more back to school kids lunch ideas, click here.
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a rating and review below. I love to hear from you!
Full of protein and good carbs, this Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl will keep you full and happy.
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup White or Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Jalapeno (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2-3 Ears of Corn or 1 cup Frozen corn (cooked)
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 2 cups Rice or more depending on preference
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- 1 Avocado
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing recipe HERE
- Homemade Guacamole recipe HERE
- In a large ziploc bag, place chicken breast, olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinate and place on hot grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Time is an estimate as it depends on the thickness of the chicken breast. If roasting ears of corn, add them to grill for a several minutes. Remove from grill and remove kernels with knife. After grilling, let rest for at least 5 minutes to let juices seep into chicken.
- Slice on the diagonal.
- In small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and salt.
- Make rice according to package instructions.
- May want to heat up black beans until warm.
- Make cilantro ranch dressing and homemade guacamole, if you desire.
- Layer in a bowl -- rice, beans, grilled chicken, pico de gallo, avocado, roasted corn, and cilantro ranch dressing.