This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Soft and Chewy Orange Creamsicle Cookies made with fresh orange zest and juice and white chocolate chips. This Orange White Chocolate Cookie recipe is the perfect orange cookie.
When I first started on Modern Honey, I shared a soft and chewy lemon sugar cookie that gained popularity fast. I found my lemon lovers and started sharing more and more citrus recipes.
My husband picked hundreds and hundreds of fresh oranges from my parent’s orange trees so we are busting at the seams with oranges! I wanted to create a cookie that highlights fresh oranges, using both the orange zest and juice to bring out the true orange flavor.
This soft and chewy orange white chocolate cookie was born. It has just the perfect amount of orange flavor with creamy white chocolate which pairs perfectly with oranges.
Orange Cookie Ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- Orange Zest
- Orange Juice
- Baking Soda
- White Chocolate Chips — I suggest Guittard or Ghirardelli white chocolate chips. You can also chop up a white chocolate bar.
- Orange Food Coloring and Extract (optional)
How to make Homemade Orange Cookies:
- Start by creaming together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. This creates a smooth cookie dough which helps to create a tender textured cookie.
- Add in egg, fresh orange zest, and orange juice. If you want extra orange flavor, add extra zest and even orange extract. If you want them to have a bright orange color, add in some orange food coloring to the dough.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt. Don’t overmix or it will create too much gluten in the dough and you will end up with tough cookies!
- Fold in white chocolate chips. Reserve 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips for placing on the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Bake on a light-colored baking sheet. Don’t overbake as the cookies will continue to bake once you remove them from the oven.
Popular Recipes with Citrus:
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frosted Orange Cream Cookies
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Frosted Lemon Cookies
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @modern_honey so I can see your creations. It’s one of my favorite things to see you make these recipes in your own kitchen. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM — FACEBOOK — PINTEREST
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups White Chocolate Chips
- Orange Food Coloring (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Orange Extract (optional)
- Heat oven to 385 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, orange zest, and orange juice for 1 minute longer. If you are adding orange extract or orange food coloring, add it to the dough now.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt. Don't overmix once you add the dry ingredients or it will produce too much gluten in the dough. Fold in 1 cup of white chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup for topping the cookies once you remove them from the oven.
- Scoop the dough onto parchment paper lined, light-colored baking sheets, spaced at least two inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes. DO NOT overbake the cookies as they will continue to bake once they are removed from the oven.
- For more gourmet cookies, place several white chocolate chips on top of the cookies, once you remove them from the oven. Let set up on a baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.