This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These salty, spicy, and sweet peanut noodles are made in less than 15 minutes and are so easy and taste delicious. You will be craving these simple Spicy Peanut Noodles!
When I am craving something comforting like a big bowl of flavorful noodles, I whip up these easy 15-minute Spicy Peanut Noodles recipe. This recipe is so easy!
It is so simple to make a creamy peanut sauce made with peanut butter, fresh ginger, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, a touch of sweetness, fresh lime juice, and chicken broth all tossed with noodles. Then you top the noodles with fresh cilantro, green onions, and chopped peanuts. Absolutely delicious!
Spicy Peanut Noodles Ingredients:
This spicy peanut noodle recipe calls for simple, fresh ingredients.
- Noodles: use your favorite type of noodles from rice noodles, ramen noodles, stir fry noodles, or fresh noodles. My favorite fresh noodles come from our local Asian market.
- Peanut Butter: I suggest using creamy peanut butter in this recipe.
- Soy Sauce: if you want more umami flavor, add more soy sauce but be careful as it is highly salty.
- Fresh Ginger: the addition of fresh ginger just lightens up these peanut noodles. Finely chop the ginger to evenly distribute the flavors.
- Chili Garlic Sauce: one of my favorite ingredients to use in the kitchen. Adds the perfect amount of spice and flavor to this dish.
- Honey, Sugar, or Maple Syrup: use one of these sweeteners to add a touch of sweetness to the dish to balance out the savory saltiness.
- Chicken Broth: this adds a depth of flavor to the noodles. You may also substitute pasta water instead of chicken broth.
- Fresh Lime Juice: this adds the perfect amount of acid to balance out the heaviness of the peanut butter.
I love topping these spicy peanut noodles with fresh, crunchy, and spicy toppings to give variety. Top your peanut butter noodles with fresh green onions, chopped peanuts, cilantro, chili oil or an extra dollop of chili garlic sauce.
Top Tips for making Peanut Noodles:
- Balance the Flavors: Adjust the soy sauce, honey, and chili garlic sauce to achieve the perfect balance of salty, sweet, and spicy flavors.
- Add Vegetables and Protein: Add a variety of vegetables such as shredded carrots, broccoli, or peppers to add more nutrition. Add protein such as chicken or beef for more protein content. The crunch of peanuts adds a delicious contrast.
- Customize Heat Level: Tailor the spiciness to your preference. If you enjoy intense heat, increase the amount of chili garlic sauce, or tone it down for a milder experience.
- Fresh is Best: Use fresh and high-quality ingredients whenever possible. Freshly grated ginger will enhance the overall taste.
Use your favorite type of Asian noodle such as egg noodles, ramen noodles, or stir-fry noodles. I prefer to use fresh noodles. You can also use spaghetti noodles or linguine noodles.
I suggest using creamy peanut butter such as Jif or Skippy’s because it is creamy and makes a velvety, smooth, and creamy sauce. If you use natural peanut butter, I suggest you add an additional tablespoon of oil plus water to make it smoother.
Absolutely! Just store the peanut noodles in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. The noodles will soak up some of the sauce so add a bit of water or chicken broth when re-heating the peanut noodles.
I suggest topping these peanut noodles with fresh cilantro, green onions or scallions, chopped peanuts, fresh lime, chili crunch, or chili garlic sauce.
Yes! You can saute the vegetables before putting them into the spicy peanut sauce or throw them into the sauce and let them simmer. I suggest adding shredded carrots, broccoli or peppers. You can also add chicken for protein.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Spicy Peanut Noodles
- 12 to 16 ounces Noodles *
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger (minced)
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (or pasta water)
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or Maple Syrup (or sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Green Onions, Cilantro, Chopped Peanuts, Chili Garlic Sauce or Chili Crunch
- Fill a pot with water and place over high heat until boiling. Add noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat add oil and ginger and saute for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, chicken broth, peanut butter, and honey. Stir together and cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Stir in fresh lime juice. Add pasta water until the sauce is the desired consistency.
- Toss drained noodles into the sauce and toss to coat. Top with green onions/scallions, cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.