Oh this burger is going to blow your mind.
This isn't your average, ho-hum burger. This Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Burger takes the burger game to another level.
Years ago, my husband and I got away for a wonderful trip to Maui, Hawaii. A tropical vacation is the epitome of tranquility and relaxation. We hiked, explored, swam, snorkeled, ran, and ate the most amazing food. One of our most memorable meals had to be the Hawaiian burger with fresh grilled pineapple. Eating that Hawaiian burger while watching the waves coming into shore was pure bliss. I have been dreaming of it so it must be time to replicate that incredible Hawaiian burger!
What makes this Hawaiian Burger so darn special? So glad you asked.
The most important part of any burger is the beef. It has to be quality beef because it's the biggest difference maker. I have found that organic grass fed beef is far superior and my burgers always turn out perfect when I use the Simple Truth Organic Grass Fed Beef found at Fry's or Kroger grocery stores. It's lean, flavorful, and healthy. I always buy the 85% lean which makes the burger juicy and meaty and I love that I am feeding my kids such high quality beef.
I love using my Fry's app to find coupons throughout the store. I save so much money this way and there is no clipping coupons! It is beyond easy. From July 9 - July 26, there will be over $100 in digital coupon savings on organic products across the store by going to Organics Every Day. There's even a fabulous coupon for the Simple Truth Organic Beef.
Then we fire up the grill to sear the beef, making it extra juicy inside. Fresh pineapple slices are also added to the grill, cooking them until nice and tender. Swiss Cheese is added and melted all over the beef patties. A sweet and spicy pineapple glazed can be brushed over the burgers. It's called the Private Collection Hawaiian Pineapple Wing Sauce and it's downright delicious.
Once the burgers are done, they are layered onto warm hamburger buns spread with homemade sriracha mayonnaise, giving them a little kick. The sriracha mayonnaise is so creamy with a touch of spice. Thick cut tomatoes and green leaf lettuce round it out. You can even leave those behind if you prefer the simplicity of the Hawaiian burger.
This Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Burger with grass fed beef cooked to perfection with a hawaiian pineapple sauce, melted swiss cheese, grilled pineapple, srirarcha mayonnaise all on a toasted bun is out of this world good.
A few tips on how to make the perfect cheeseburger:
- Use high quality beef. The Simple Truth Organic Grass-fed Beef, found at Fry's and Kroger stores is always excellent and makes the most flavorful burgers.
- Season your meat! Since I was a little kid, we have always seasoned our burgers with seasoned salt on both sides.
- Make the patties wider than the bun because the meat shrinks as it cooks. Bobby Flay taught me to always place a small indention with my thumb in the center of the beef so that it doesn't puff up in the middle. Thank you, Bobby!
- Melt the cheese on the burger while it is still on the grill when there is about 1-2 minutes left of cooking time. You want it to melt nicely on the patty.
- Focus on the sauce! Get creative with your sauces and add a little spice. Adding sriracha sauce, wing sauce, or even ketchup and a little relish to your mayonnaise can make a big difference in your burger.
I can't wait to hear what you think about this Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Burger! I can't wait to grill this for our annual 4th of July BBQ with the family. What do you have planned for the 4th of July? Would love to hear from you!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
Is the private selection Hawaiian pineapple wing sauce mixed in the hamburger
Or is the slice of pineapple coated while on the grill...?.