Healthy Juice Cleanse Recipes
Four healthy juicing recipes to give your body natural energy and helps to detoxify the body!
Juice bars are popping up everywhere for good reason! Drinking fresh juices can detoxify the body, help to create a more alkaline body, and to give a boost of energy and a clear mind.
Juicing is a powerful tactic used by a quickly-growing amount of people to lose weight fast, get proper nutrition, and help fuel healthy lifestyles.
Whenever I come from vacation or a particularly bad eating night, I reach for a healthy juice to cleanse my body and give my digestive system a break.
I am sharing 4 of our favorite juicing recipes with an assortment of fruits and vegetables for variety. Since my oldest daughter is a "health freak" we make these homemade juices every week and store them in jars in the refrigerator to make them easily accessible. It saves SO much money juicing at home!
What are the health benefits of juicing?
According to the Mayo Clinic, by drinking freshly made juices, your body can absorb the nutrients better than eating whole fruits and vegetables and it gives your digestive system a rest from working on fiber. They say that juicing can reduce your risk of cancer, boost your immune system, help remove toxins from your body, aid digestion and help you lose weight. Fresh juices can give you a burst of energy and a clear mind.
What fruits and vegetables to use for juicing?
Some of the most popular vegetables are carrots, cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, beets, and romaine. The most popular fruits to use in juicing are lemons, oranges, apples, and limes. Other add-ins are fresh ginger, parsley, chlorella, and turmeric.
What are the health benefits of fruits and vegetables in a juice cleanse?
- Kale – insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
- Spinach – the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. It’s mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Cucumber – since it’s 95% water, it’s an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Lemon – one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as it’s a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
- Carrots - known for being a good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, and potassium. Carrots have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health
- Celery - low in calories since it is mostly water. It is a low-glycemic food and a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.
- Beets - contain nutrients that may help lower your blood pressure, fight inflammation, and support detoxification.
- Apples - "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" is a famous saying for good reason. Helps to fight inflammation and heart health.
- Oranges - immune system booster since it is high in Vitamin C and low in calories.
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
If you are looking for a real detoxifier, check out my recipe for a lemon turmeric drink, which is perfect after a night of bad eating.
If you are searching for blended fruit and vegetable smoothie recipes, click HERE to find my post with 6 Superfood Smoothie Recipes. I went on a 30-day smoothie and juice cleanse to help with my autoimmune disease. You can find out more details in this post.
Where to buy a juicer?
There are many juicers on the market and I have been so impressed with our Breville juicer. If you are looking for a compact, less-expensive Breville juicer, you can find it here.
Here are the fruit and vegetable juice combinations below:
- Drink Your Greens: Spinach, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon, Ginger, and Apple (optional: parsley)
- The Detoxifier: Beets, Carrots, Lemon, Ginger, Apple
- The Vision: Carrots, Oranges, Ginger (optional: turmeric)
- Sweet Carrot: Apples, Carrots, and Parsley
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @modern_honey so I can see your creations. Also, be sure to tag your photo using the hashtag #modernhoney. It’s one of my favorite things seeing you make these recipes in your own kitchen. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers.
Pin on PINTEREST:
I hope you love these healthy juice cleanse recipes! Leave a comment below to let me know your favorite juice recipe!
Happy Juicing! --Melissa