This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Oven-Baked Beef Tacos
Easy Oven-Baked Beef Tacos are spicy seasoned beef tacos sprinkled with Mexican cheeses and baked in the oven until melted. These delicious tacos are topped with sour cream or crema, guacamole, fresh tomatoes, and even lettuce. These are basically PARTY TACOS, all done at once, which makes dinnertime a breeze.
We are IN LOVE with these Oven Baked Beef Tacos. I mean…we all love TACOS but these just took our love to another level. This dinner is ridiculously popular in our home and these tacos are gone within seconds.
When I first got married, I discovered really quickly that my husband’s favorite meal was ground beef tacos. Simple tacos. I would watch in wonder as he would down 6 tacos in one sitting. To this day, it is one of his absolute favorite dinners.
How to make EASY OVEN BAKED BEEF TACOS in 4 simple steps:
- Cook ground beef with onions, red pepper (if you love them), poblano or jalapeno pepper. The peppers and onion and going to give these tacos the huge FLAVOR pay-off.
- Season with Mexican spices. A mix of chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper are what makes these tacos so mouthwatering.
- Fill flat-bottomed taco shells (such as Stand N’ Stuff) with meat and sprinkle with Mexican cheeses. Line baking pan with two sheets of foil to help keep the tacos nice and crispy. Bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream (or Mexican crema), zesty guacamole, fresh salsa, diced tomatoes, and even lettuce (if you like it gringo style). Serve immediately to your hungry friends and family. They will THANK YOU.
This recipe will become a family favorite in no time at all! These Oven Baked Beef Tacos are beyond easy and a real crowd pleaser.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Easy Oven Baked Beef Tacos
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Red Pepper finely diced
- 1 small Poblano Pepper or Jalapeno Pepper deseeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 lb2. Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 - 8- ounce can 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 8 - 10 Tacos Shells flat-bottomed shells, such as Stand 'N Stuff work best
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend or Sharp Cheddar, Pepper Jack, or Monterey Jack
- Sour Cream or Mexican crema
- Hot Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, onion, and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef and begin to break up using a wooden spoon.
- Let ground beef cook and sprinkle with chili powder, cumin powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes longer until mixture thickens.
- Line 9 x 13 baking pan with two pieces of foil. Line baking pan with flat-bottomed taco shells.
- Scoop ground beef mixture into each taco shell. Sprinkle with Mexican cheeses.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
It’s TACO TUESDAY tomorrow so the perfect way to celebrate is to whip up some of these Oven Baked Beef Tacos! Am I right?
Happy Cooking, my friends!