This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy no churn coconut ice cream is creamy, fresh, and flavorful. Made with only cream of coconut and heavy cream, this is the simplest coconut ice cream recipe. No ice cream maker required!
If you’ve been following along for a while, you know that I am (and always have been) obsessed with coconut. It’s coconut cake for most birthdays and coconut cream pie at every Thanksgiving.
This coconut ice cream recipe only fuels the obsession! Its simplicity means that I always have some in the freezer during the summertime because it takes so little effort. It’s only two ingredients!
Cream of coconut
Just those two ingredients. Of course, you can add more toppings or mix-ins if you like (I love putting some fresh mango on top), but the coconut base is just the two ingredients. Together they make the creamiest, freshest, and sweetest coconut ice cream. And the best part? No ice cream maker required!
How to make no churn coconut ice cream
- Start by whipping your heavy cream in a standing mixer. Whip until soft peaks start to form so that it is fluffy.
- Fold in the cream of coconut. Stir well until both ingredients have been incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
There’s no mess to clean up from an ice cream maker. There’s no rock salt and ice and loud churning for hours. It’s a pour and go dessert! I was skeptical at first, thinking that the texture would be too hard or too icy. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that it scoops out like regular ice cream and is so creamy and delicious!
You can make this No-Churn Coconut Ice Cream one of two ways. After freezing it, you can scoop it out into ice cream scoops and serve it in fresh coconut, ice cream cones or bowls.
You can also line the loaf pan with parchment paper and make a Coconut Semifreddo. After it is frozen, you can invert it and serve fresh mangoes on top of it. It makes a stunning dessert! It can be sliced and be eaten with a fork or spoon.
What is Cream of Coconut?
Cream of Coconut should not be confused with coconut milk. It is a sweet cream of coconut with sugar already added. It can usually be found where alcoholic beverages are found because it’s used to make pina coladas. I’ve used two brands – Coco Lopez or Coco Real. The Coco Lopez is in a can and Coco Real is in a plastic bottle. I can usually find it right next to the cherry grenadine. It contains no alcohol.
What to put on no churn coconut ice cream
Sometimes the best part of the ice cream is the toppings! Here are some of my favorite toppings and mix-ins:
- No churn mango coconut ice cream: Either add coconut flakes to the ice cream itself or sprinkle some on top. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of fresh lime juice to the mixture before freezing. Dice or slice some fresh, soft, and ripened mango and use as a sweet topping that compliments the creamy coconut perfectly!
- Almond joy coconut ice cream: Top the coconut ice cream with some chopped up almonds (of any kind! Salted or unsalted, even candied almonds) and some homemade hot fudge sauce for ice cream that mimics the classic candy bar!
- Brownies and ice cream: Make your favorite brownie recipe and while they’re still warm, top them with the coconut ice cream and your favorite sauces! I would suggest hot fudge and caramel sauces.
More homemade ice cream recipes
Years ago, I was thumbing through a Martha Stewart magazine and found a Coconut Lime Mango Semifreddo dessert. It looked ridiculously simple and didn’t even require an ice cream maker and it had to be mine. So, over the years I have tweaked the Coconut Semifreddo recipe and am now sharing the EASIEST coconut ice cream ever.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it scoops out like regular ice cream and is so creamy and delicious.
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM — FACEBOOK — PINTEREST
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
No-Churn Coconut Ice Cream with Fresh Mango
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- (1) 15-16 ounce Cream of Coconut **
- 1-2 Mangoes peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Lime Zest optional
- In a large mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Stir in cream of coconut well until it is all incorporated together. Pour into loaf pan and top with optional coconut flakes. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. When removing from freezer, wait a few minutes to make it easier to scoop out with ice cream scoop.
- If making a semifreddo, place parchment paper in bottom of loaf pan and pour in cream. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, invert onto platter and place sliced mangoes on top of coconut ice cream.
- Serve with optional lime zest.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.