This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When I leave town, there are a few things that happen around my home. First of all, my husband orders all of his absolute favorites — meat lover’s pizza and chicken wings. A LOT of chicken wings. My boys can pound a ridiculous amount of chicken wings!
I just can’t do chicken wings. The hot wing sauce beckons me every single time but I can’t get past the chicken. So I figured out a way that I could still get my beloved hot wing sauce! I pull out boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut it into bite size pieces, saute it in a pan until it’s nice and golden, and drizzle on hot wing sauce. I happily eat it while I watch my family devour their chicken wings.
Since we are focusing on appetizers and game day food this week, I had to figure out how to incorporate my hot wing chicken into a Super Bowl dish. When we were in California, we ate some of the most incredible fries that were topped with hot wing chicken. I wanted to recreate them at home using sweet potato fries. Oh my word, they came out sinfully delicious and I just had to share them with ya’ll (oh hello, Texas).
These Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Fries are made by layering crispy sweet potato fries that are baked in the oven, sauteed hot wing chicken, cheese, green onions, and ranch dressing. We all know that hot wing sauce and ranch dressing are like the peanut butter and jelly of game day food and this is no exception. You eat these babies with a fork or you can dig in with your fingers. I won’t judge.
You can also switch it up and use french fries instead of sweet potato fries. I used the Alexia Sweet Potato Fries and they even have waffle sweet potato fries. Yes! They are healthier since you bake them instead of frying them. I used Frank’s Red Hot Wings Sauce in Buffalo to drizzle all over my chicken. This sauce is crazy loaded with spicy flavor!
You can top these Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Fries with your favorite type of cheese. You can use anything from cheddar to mozzarella to blue cheese or whatever floats your boat. The green onions add a little freshness to and the ranch dressing cuts the spice from the hot wing sauce. I am Team Ranch all the way.
Put these Buffalo Chicken topped Sweet Potato Fries in a cast iron skillet, a baking sheet, or a baking dish.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Fries
- (1) 19-ounce pkg. Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 lb. Chicken Breast or 2 Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup Hot Wing Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup Cheese Cheddar, Mozzarella, or Blue
- 2 Green Onions diced
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread sweet potato fries in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet. Add cubed chicken breast. Cook until no longer pink and golden -- about 7-8 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Top cooked sweet potato fries with buffalo chicken. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted -- about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with green onions and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Who is watching the big game? Put these Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Fries on the menu! Have a fabulous day, my friends!
Happy Eating! xo
Click to save on Pinterest: