BEST BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
The best homemade buttermilk pancake recipe! This is the only pancake recipe you will ever need. Tender texture, light and fluffy, and these pancakes will melt in your mouth!
I am pretty sure I grew up on a steady diet of pancakes.
I strongly believe that pancakes are a necessity on the weekends! My kids look forward to their Saturday or Sunday morning homemade pancakes.
But one thing is for sure....not all pancakes are created equal. Maybe you've eaten hockey pucks before that were supposed to resemble pancakes. Pancakes just taste better from scratch.
Goldie's Best Buttermilk Pancakes are made with fresh buttermilk, eggs, a touch of sugar, butter, flour, and baking powder. It's the ratio that counts and buttermilk is the big difference maker in the best buttermilk pancakes ever. These buttermilk pancakes just melt in your mouth!
A pancake has to be fluffy yet tender. That's not an easy feat. You don't want it to be so thick and cakey that you think you are eating a piece of bread. A soft and tender pancake is made by using a higher ratio of buttermilk to flour. Buttermilk is a saint in the baking world!
A mix of baking powder and baking soda gives the buttermilk pancakes a nice rise. The melted butter gives it flavor and you can even eat these plain because they are that good.
Placing a pat on warm butter on a skillet before pouring the pancake batter onto the pan, gives the pancake a buttery crust. It is so heavenly! This is the skillet that we use because it fits 6-8 pancakes on it at once so it takes less time -- Presto Electric Griddle
Top with your favorite toppings like freshly homemade sweetened whipped cream and berries. You can also top these buttermilk pancakes with fresh bananas, walnuts, and homemade caramel buttermilk syrup. The sky is the limit!
I hope your family and friends love this buttermilk pancake recipe as much as we do!
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 4 cups Buttermilk (may use up to 4 1/2 cups of buttermilk if you want thinner pancakes)
- 6 Tablespoons Butter melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, and stir until combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter and whisk to combine. The batter should have some lumps. Embrace the pancake batter lumps.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Test for readiness by sprinkling some water on a pan and if it spatters off the griddle, it's hot enough.
- Coat with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/2 cup, pour pancake batter onto pan.
- When bubbles appear on top of the pancake, flip to cook the other side. Watch carefully as pancakes can brown quickly. Keep it at a lower heat to ensure that the inside gets cooked through without the outside getting too brown. Serve warm.
- Top with strawberries, bananas, berries, whipped cream, and real maple syrup.
We serve these every single Valentine's Day with a big glass of Strawberry milk....because calories don't count on holidays. I made up that rule. Just go with it. Happy Sunday, my friends! xo https://www.modernhoney.com/5-ways-to-make-valentines-day-special-for-kids/
Follow me on instagram at @modern_honey. 🙂 Pin this image below on PINTEREST.