This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This moist Lemon Bread is even better than the Starbucks lemon loaf! This lemon loaf is made with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract for an extra burst of lemon flavor. This is the best lemon bread recipe ever!
When I polled my Moder Honey readers out there about lemon recipes, you definitely made it known that you want more lemon recipes. This Starbucks lemon loaf was one of the top most requested recipes so I am super excited to share this lemon bread recipe with you.
This is seriously the best lemon loaf I have ever made in my life! And I have made a lot of lemon bread in my lifetime.
I played around with this recipe for a while and I wanted to get enough lemon flavor in the lemon loaf. So I experimented with just using freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest. It had that fresh lemon flavor but it just wasn’t enough. Then, I decided to add some lemon extract and that is what put it over the top. I love the sweet tanginess of this homemade lemon bread.
To make this copycat Starbucks lemon loaf extra moist like you find at Starbucks, I wanted to use three ingredients — oil, butter, and sour cream. This is the trifecta of ingredients to make it stay extra moist and melt in your mouth.
If you have been following me for a while, you know how much I love baking homemade cakes. Many of my homemade cake recipes use instant pudding mix. I love the texture it gives to cakes and makes this lemon bread almost taste like a lemon pound cake. It also adds a touch of lemon flavor, which is what we are going for!
Ingredients in Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe:
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice + Lemon Zest
- Lemon Extract
- Lemon Instant Pudding Mix
- Sour cream
Lemon Loaf Glaze Ingredients:
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Extract
This lemon glaze is made with melted butter, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon extract. It is poured all over the lemon loaf. You can make it thinner or thicker depending on preference.
This Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze is so perfect to wrap as a gift to give to friends, new neighbors, or to make for your family.
Popular Lemon Recipes:
Recommended Baking Tools:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
The Best Lemon Loaf Bread
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- (1) 3.4 ounce pkg. Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream (full-fat)
- Lemon Zest (from one lemon)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Extract
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 5 bread pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, dry instant pudding mix, and sugar. Stir.
- Add softened butter, oil, eggs, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract. Mix together until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into bread pan and place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center of the bread comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted. If the bread is becoming too brown, carefully tent a piece of foil on the top of the bread to allow the center of the bread to still cook.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before removing the bread and placing on a cooling rack.
- In a bowl, whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon extract. You can add more lemon juice if you want a thinner glaze. Once the bread has completely cooled, drizzle the glaze all over the top. You can refrigerate if you want to serve it chilled or serve it at room temperature.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.