This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
White Chocolate Macadamia Pie made with a fluffy white chocolate cream filling studded with orange zest and macadamia nuts and topped with a silky smooth chocolate ganache and freshly whipped cream.
Welcome to PIE WEEK! If you know the Driggs family, you will know we are serious about pies. We usually make 15 – 20 pies every Thanksgiving and invite neighbors over to devour them with us. This White Chocolate Macadamia Pie goes down as one of my favorite pies of all time. My sister-in-law, Robyne, brings this every single year to our Thanksgiving dinner and it is gone within minutes.
To make this White Chocolate Macadamia Pie, it starts with a homemade all-butter pie crust. Find the simple recipe HERE with all of the tips, tricks, and detailed photos. The white chocolate filling is made with melted white chocolate, softened cream cheese, butter, sugar, orange zest, whipped cream, and macadamia nuts. Oh my word. I could bathe in this fluffy goodness. Okay…maybe not bathe but eat the entire bowl. This pie has everything — it’s creamy, it’s sweet, it’s crunchy, and it’s decadent.
The fluffy white chocolate cream filling is topped with a silky chocolate ganache made with heavy cream and semi-sweet chocolate. This White Chocolate Macadamia Pie is garnished with fresh handcrafted sweetened whipped cream and a sprinkle of macadamia nuts.
This pie has a touch of orange which brings freshness to such a sinful pie. The macadamia nuts bring a salty crunch to the creamy filling. When making this White Chocolate Orange Cream Pie, it is important to give the filling enough time to set up so chill it for at least 3 -4 hours. I usually decorate it with some homemade whipping cream when I am ready to serve it to my guests.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
White Chocolate Macadamia Pie
White Chocolate Cream Filling:
- 8- ounce pkg. Cream Cheese softened
- 4 Tablespoons 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup White Chocolate melted
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Orange Zest
- 1 cup Heavy Cream divided
- 3/4 cup Macadamia Nuts chopped
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Garnish optional:
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Macadamia Nuts
- Pie Crust Recipe:
- Bake pie crust according to directions. Let cool.
- In a mixer, cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar for 4 minutes.
- When working with white chocolate, the key is to slowly melt it. You can use a double boiler or microwave method. If using the microwave, use only 50% power and cook in 30-second increments. After cooking it for 30 seconds, move to 15-second increments. White chocolate can burn easily!
- Add melted white chocolate and mix.
- Stir in orange zest, macadamia nuts, and only 1/3 cup heavy cream, reserving the remaining 2/3 cup. Mix well.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip remaining 2/3 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold into white chocolate cream. Spread into pre-baked pie shell. Cover and place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Before pouring chocolate ganache over pie, place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- To finish pie, melt semi-sweet chocolate and heavy cream over double boiler or in microwave. Stir until smooth and silky. Spread warm ganache over top of cold pie, smoothing to the edges with a spatula.
- Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar with mixer to stiff peaks. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe edges of pie with whipped cream. Sprinkle macadamia nuts over top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Click the links below for more pie recipes:
Caramel Apple Pie
White Chocolate Macadamia Chocolate Ganache Pie
Double Chocolate Marble Pie
The BEST Pumpkin Pie
Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie
Sweet Cherry Pie
Traditional Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Caramel Banana Cream Pie
I can’t wait to share all of my pie recipes with you this week! This White Chocolate Macadamia Pie with Chocolate Ganache will be the star of the show. Happy Baking, my friends!