This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The viral Tik Tok Lasagna Soup! A hearty beef lasagna soup with fresh ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs. An Italian classic made into a comforting soup!
Lasagna soup has been gaining popularity recently and for good reason! This soup has all the flavors, spices, and comfort of lasagna but the simplicity and ease of soup. A couple of viral videos on Tik Tok are reminding everybody of just how easy and delicious a hearty lasagna soup can really be!
This lasagna soup is made with sautéed onion, garlic, and ground beef in a robust tomato sauce with lasagna noodles and creamy ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. It has a rich, homemade meat tomato sauce with Italian spices and three creamy cheeses to make it extra savory.
There are a couple of different versions floating around on Instagram and Tik Tok, but this is my delicious take on the viral lasagna soup. You are going to love it!
Lasagna soup ingredients:
- Olive oil, onion, and garlic: Sautéed together, these three ingredients give an incredibly strong and flavorful base for the lasagna soup. The onion should be sautéed until completely softened so that the onions are crunchy in the soup.
- Ground beef: The ground beef will help add heartiness to the soup and is key in giving it the classic lasagna flavor. If you prefer, you could also use ground turkey to lower the fat and up the protein of this soup recipe.
- Crushed tomatoes: This is the base of the soup! It’s important that you used a can of unflavored crushed tomatoes since we will be adding in our own spices.
- Chicken broth: This works as a thinner to the soup. It also brings an earthy and hearty flavor, complimenting the lasagna well.
- Spices: These include salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and red chili flakes. You can adjust the spices according to your preference. For example, if you want a little more kick to your soup, add more red chili flakes. These spices are really where the soup gets its Italian lasagna flavor and make it shine!
- Noodles: The noodles in this recipe are what make it “lasagna” soup. If you would rather do another smaller noodle then you can substitute out the lasagna noodles.
- Cheese: This soup uses a mixture of ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan. These cheeses are soft and melt perfectly into the soup (along with the heavy cream, if you choose to add any) to make this soup creamy, cheesy, and rich.
How to make Homemade Lasagna Soup:
- Start by sautéing onion in olive oil until it starts to become soft. Add garlic and sauté for only 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until it browns and cooks through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and Italian spices. Let it simmer.
- There are two options for the lasagna noodles. They can be cooked separately according to package instructions or the dried noodles can be added straight to the pot to be cooked in the sauce. I prefer to cook mine separately in another pot and then add my cooked noodles to the soup. If you choose to cook the noodles in the sauce, you will most likely need more chicken broth, about 1 cup.
- Make a creamy cheese mixture using ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan Cheese. I like to season this mixture with some garlic salt to give it extra flavor.
- Serve warm and give each serving a generous dollop of ricotta parmesan mixture.
How to store lasagna soup
You can make this lasagna soup up to 5 days ahead of time, and it can easily be reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you love soup recipes, check out these yummy soup recipes below:
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM — FACEBOOK — PINTEREST
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (finely diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- (1) 28-ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 28 to 32 ounces Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons Basil (if using fresh basil, use 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 8-10 Lasagna Noodles (broken into bite-size pieces)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (optional)
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic. Cook for only 1 minute longer.
- Add ground beef and break apart into pieces with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and spices.
- While soup is simmering, heat a large pot of water over high heat until boiling. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add heavy cream (if using) and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to the soup and stir. Taste for seasonings.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt.
- Add noodles to soup. Ladle soup into bowls and top each one with a large dollop of ricotta parmesan mixture. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.