Mediterranean Creamy Feta Cheese Dip
A creamy feta cheese dip with extra-virgin olive oil, feta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, fresh lemon zest, and red chili flakes.
We all need quick and easy appetizers we can throw together in no time at all when you are hosting a party or bring an appetizer to a potluck. This feta cheese dip takes about 5 minutes to whip up and you are done! It couldn’t be easier. If you love the flavor of feta cheese, this is the dip for you!
Since the Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday, I want to share some slam dunk dips for you to serve. This is perfect to pair with hummus dip. All you need is a side of freshly cut veggies like carrots and cucumbers and some soft warm pita bread triangles are you are in business!
This Mediterranean Creamy Feta Cheese Dip starts off with feta cheese, softened cream cheese, and a touch of mayonnaise. Then extra-virgin olive oil is drizzled in along with garlic, spices, and fresh lemon zest. The lemon zest adds a burst of freshness to the dip.
This Creamy Feta Dip can also be served alongside grilled chicken (check out my amazing chicken marinade recipe here) and with grilled or roasted vegetables.
How to make a Creamy Feta Dip:
- Start off by whipping together feta cheese, softened cream cheese, and mayonnaise. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature or softened to ensure it blends well with other ingredients. It needs to whip for at least 4 minutes until light and fluffy. This is an important step to create a creamy texture.
- Drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil, finely minced garlic, spices, and fresh lemon zest. I like to use a zester to ensure I only get the lemon skin of the lemon and not the bitter white part. Add more EVOO if desired, depending on desired consistency. It can also be made a little spicy by adding more red chili pepper flakes.
- Let chill until ready to serve. Serve with carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, cauliflower, and pita bread triangles. I like to warm my pita bread so it is extra soft.
I love to hear from you! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. Sign up for my newsletter below so you never miss a recipe. Thank you for following along! I truly do have the greatest readers. FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM — FACEBOOK— PINTEREST
Mediterranean Creamy Feta Cheese Dip A creamy feta cheese dip with extra-virgin olive oil, feta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, fresh lemon zest, and red chili flakes.
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces Feta Cheese (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (add more depending on preference)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
In a mixing bowl, whip together softened cream cheese, feta cheese, and mayonnaise for at least 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl often. Add extra-virgin olive oil and mix together.
Stir in garlic, oregano, red chili flakes, and lemon zest. Taste to see if salt is needed. Add more EVOO, if so desired.
Chill until ready to serve. Serve with carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, cauliflower, and warm pita bread.